Tesseract Coordinates - Direwolf20 1.7.10 (Solved)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ibjeksibdre

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!
I have a "lost" quarry running around in my world. I made that uberminer Direwolf20 used in his videos, left it running at night. When I woke up, I saw that I have ran out of inventory space so the mining wells did not mine anything but the whole thing moved like 1 block each 20 seconds.
Now, when I try to start it (from a computer in my base) i see no items appear in the ender chest! (yes, I sorted out the inventory issue, added some 64k modules to my AE system)

Now, I want to find the quarry, but since it left no trail, i cannot find it. That is where I am wondering if you could locate tesseracts/enderchests in server/world files?

Thanks

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When the mininfg wells don't have inventory space they usually spit their items out, so there still should be a trail unless you ran out of power.
The problem is probably something else. Maybe a hungry node?

Maybe you can look into here and here to find out where your tile entities are.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
If you're unlucky the chunk containing the miner was corrupted and regenerated for some reason.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The easiest way to find it is to fire up OPIS and have it track tile entities. It will also show active chunks, so you can find your miner that way. Should take no more than five minutes to figure out what chunk it's in.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Under the condition that the used chunkloader is still present and active...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Under the condition that the used chunkloader is still present and active...

Then if it isn't and OPIS can't show the tile entities without it, fire up MCEdit and figure out where it went based on the generated chunks. There's no need to over complicate a simple recovery like this.

ibjeksibdre

Jul 29, 2019
I used a chunk loader when I made this and power should not at all be a problem (using a bigreactor, also inspired from Direwolf20). But I am going to check out opis! Thanks for the replies! :)

Reactions: Padfoote

ibjeksibdre

Jul 29, 2019
Damnit.. I can't find any of the blocks I used to make this quarry on Opis... Not a single trace of them. And it doesn't show any far away chunks which are loaded. Seems like the quarry is just gone :/
Anyway, thank you guys for the help :) Time to "cheat" in the materials for the quarry.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Use AnvilMapper (can be found as a download on the Mapwriter thread on minecraftforum.net) to generate a google maps view of your generated world - the path taken by the quarry should be pretty obvious.