Terrain Smasher is glitchy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Romantic Jo

Jul 29, 2019
I am observing some glitchy behavior with the Terrain Smasher in your basic lava water cobble gen (playin AG). Setup has a Jabba on top of the smasher with the output properly configured. It worked fine up until 58 stacks of cobble but now it won't keep running, always stopping shortly after a restart. Restarting it allows it to run a bit more, maybe 10 or so blocks, but then, it jams again. Anyone else ran into this? Is this a common issue?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Might be redstone interference- something turning the smasher off.

Why use the Terrain Smasher? There is a block that works as an endless cobble gen called igneous extruder. sooo much better then the smasher.
Just because its 'better' on paper doesn't mean it 'better' in game- terrain smashers are fun to play with. Extruders are boring.

Romantic Jo

Jul 29, 2019
Might be redstone interference- something turning the smasher off.

Just because its 'better' on paper doesn't mean it 'better' in game- terrain smashers are fun to play with. Extruders are boring.
It might be stuck. Put a chest behind it and see what it sticks in it.

Why use the Terrain Smasher? There is a block that works as an endless cobble gen called igneous extruder. sooo much better then the smasher.

Just starting out, I don't have enough power yet to run all of what I need from ThermalExpansion (yet)

I ended up setting up an water barrel cobblegen instead, so I'm swimming in cobble now. That trick stuff is a bit OP imo