TerraFirmaCraft Mod Pack?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you think the FTB developers should reconsider A TFC Immersion Pack?

• Yes

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • not yet (if so why?)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically with Minetweaker and Custom Stuff 2 one could configure Terrafirmacraft to have compatibility with Gregtech and other tech mods. That would make for quite an interesting game.
the main problem with that is youd end up with two different games, as well as the game not working properly because the drastic over hall TFC makes

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically with Minetweaker and Custom Stuff 2 one could configure Terrafirmacraft to have compatibility with Gregtech and other tech mods. That would make for quite an interesting game.
That would be quite interesting if possible.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Oh great, some other way to make the Gregtech grind even longer. EnzymeA113 is right however, if you use Minetweaker and Custom Stuff 2 you could bridge the gaps and lack of items required to make other mods usable. It would take quite a bit of doing however to make it fit into a pack like DW20.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I play TFC when I want a nice soothing exercise in frustration and I could see the point of a "pack" based around TFC if you selected other mods carefully you can create an incredibly frustrating, hair tearing pack which is still fun (for certain values of fun) to play.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically you still have some issues, recipe changing has been done before, many times. Unfortunately its not quite the simple that still leaves a lot areas broken. These include weaponry, mobs, hunger, crops, metals, world gen(that's the big one). TFC has its own world gen system, and its own health and damage system, fixing these have been attempted before and there certainly have been partial successes (Railcraft, Buildcraft, and Thaumcraft minus a couple pieces at seperate times were the main ones) I have yet to see anyone even generate their own ore in a TFC environment.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying its not as easy as just using custom stuff.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically you still have some issues, recipe changing has been done before, many times. Unfortunately its not quite the simple that still leaves a lot areas broken. These include weaponry, mobs, hunger, crops, metals, world gen(that's the big one). TFC has its own world gen system, and its own health and damage system, fixing these have been attempted before and there certainly have been partial successes (Railcraft, Buildcraft, and Thaumcraft minus a couple pieces at seperate times were the main ones) I have yet to see anyone even generate their own ore in a TFC environment.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying its not as easy as just using custom stuff.
the way I'd deal with the world gen would be entirely recipe based, it would be very tedious but it could be done with just about any mod. World Gen on the other mods side I would just disable and let TFC do it's own thing rather then try to force it. The health and stuff from mobs, I have no idea on that one. Isn't there a custom mobs mod?