Terafirmacraft 1.7.10

Discussion in 'Modpack Bugs' started by Erythreas34, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Erythreas34

Erythreas34 New Member

I tried playing Terafirmacraft because a friend suggested it but after 10 minutes of playing i hate it. Every now and then i get huge fps drop down to 0 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. The packs runs pretty poorly. I tried disabling and enabling fastcraft and betterfps, giving it different amounts of ram from 1gb up to 8gb. The modpack i made has over 250mods and runs smoothly. This has 126 and its unplayable. Have someone found or know any other fix i could try?
    I also tried all the different video settings and running it on the GPU instead of CPU

2. zunda

zunda Guest

I'm pretty sure that terrafirmacraft isn't made to be run with lots of other mods, it's essentially a game overhaul in every aspect so adding in a bunch of other stuff that potentially conflicts with what the mod is made to do probably isn't a good idea.

3. Erythreas34

Erythreas34 New Member

You might posted this on the wrong post. As i never said i installed any mod. The only thing i said about mods is that i disabled/enabled fastcraft and betterfps, both being in by TFC's default.

4. zunda

zunda Guest

what did you mean by the 126 mods then?

5. SolManX

SolManX New Member

Did you download and install from the official site?

Vanilla TFC is just forge + TFC. No other mods.

Maybe you installed a pack that contains TFC?

6. zunda

zunda Guest

that's what I'm thinking, otherwise the 126 mods makes no sense. I don't know of any official packs that include TFC - might be a private one that his friend gave him the code for.

7. zunda

zunda Guest

Hang on I think he thinks terrafirmacraft itself is the name of a pack but not a mod otherwise his usage of it and pack makes no sense.

8. SolManX

SolManX New Member

There's a pack called TerraFirmaPack from the atlauncher. But I don't think it's that one because it (iirc) doesn't have BetterFPS.

Anyway, OP, you might want to have a look at that.

9. zunda

zunda Guest

it probably doesn't need it with not even a dozen mods, not sure which one the OP is using but as solman suggests I would say switch packs because mixing content mods and TFC is not something you are supposed to do.