Jul 29, 2019
Operating System and bit type: Windows 7 64-bit
Java version/update and bit type: Java 7 update 45 7.0.450 64-bit
Launcher version: 1.2.7
Console log, pastebin.com link:
http://pastebin.com/vkP4x7KQ
Description of the Issue:

Hell, I've been trying for more than a week now trying to download
TechWorld2 and DireWolf20 all 1.6.4, both have error downloading assets I have tried
updating java and realized it was 32-bit so I downloaded the 64-bit version after uninstalling
the uneccesary versions. but I still haven't played even a single pack on the FTB launcher because of this annoying issue. so yeah, console sits there doing nothing and telling me that there has been an error in downloading the assets. This is getting frustrating and the spare time I use in trying to fix it seems unfruitful, please address to my problem as soon as you have the time.

Sincerely Frustrated,
ReiPixel

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The error below is caused by av programs being over zealous. So you must have a program that is blocking it.

C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ftblaunch.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

ReiPixel

Jul 29, 2019
The error below is caused by av programs being over zealous. So you must have a program that is blocking it.

C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ftblaunch.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
How do I figure out which program :0

ReiPixel

Jul 29, 2019
Say I had one of those,
which program would I let it pass, java? the FTB launcher or what.

(Still hasn't discovered what program is blocking)

ReiPixel

Jul 29, 2019
List of my Programs:
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
One thing that appears is the macafee security scan plus. That is installed by, for me anyway, when I recently updated adobe flash. I stopped the install myself cause I hate when extra stuff want's to install that I have no interest in. You also have microsoft security essentials installed.

I forgot how much junk comes pre-installed on big brand systems when you buy them. :eek: