TE3 fluid duct bug

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I seem to be having difficulties getting my fluid ducts to carry liquid. Since a picture is worth a thousand words I've brought 4 :). These ducts carry water to a boiler and needless to say I can't have that beast failing.

This is how the situation usually starts. Ducts seem to stop carrying any and all water.

v5wyuq.jpg
swsdbb.jpg

A simple wack seems to cause some sorta update in the surrounding ducts. As you can see the duct in the top has once again began transporting its liquid

293evys.jpg

Restoring the removed ducts restores the connection.

11vr5tw.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this. For the record this problem also occurs in connections not using railcraft tanks. Additionally, I have never had this problem with anything but water.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
if i had to guess i'd say thats on a chunk boundry between a loaded chunk and an unloaded chunk

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with KhrFreak. I have had similar issues with leadstone power, where certain machines would stop receiving power if I left the server. Try putting a chunk loader nearby.

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
I lost 100s of buckets of oil and fuel, had dynamos stick "on" and all kinds of odd behaviors until I replaced all my TE ducts with EnderIO conduits. Since then, my power plant has gotten very boring -- everything just works. My advice is to NOT use TE except short runs, never across chunk lines, and do not mix TE ducts + FMP in a block space unless you're 110% certain that the blockspace will stay chunkloaded.