TE steam engine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Squidgen

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new world, and I am too the point where I am starting to set up machinery. For once, I have tons of copper, and I want to give TE steam engines a try. What MJ/t do they have? Do they need water?

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they need water, but that's easily supplied with an aqueous accumulator. They produce 4 mj/t when at max draw, but will adjust their output to match the demand of machines they are linked to (this only applies if they are directly attached to the machine or attached to energy conduits attached to machine.). They also don't explode, ever.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked they were only 2mj not 4mj and work rather well but the hobbyist steam engine is more efficient even thou it is 1.6mj.

Squidgen

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the fact that it dos'nt use gold and never explodes makes it the more appealing choice to me right now

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked they were only 2mj not 4mj and work rather well but the hobbyist steam engine is more efficient even thou it is 1.6mj.
Nope, I'm looking at them right now and they're out putting 4 mj/t. Remember that they scale their output based on the power draw of machines they are connected to, so that may be why you were only getting 2 mj/t.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
mmmno I'm pretty sure their max is 2. Even when powering a pulverisor (max input 4mjt) the steam engine max output is 2Mjt.

It's still my fav starting engine though considering it's non-blowup-ability

Hcvppn5.jpg

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, maybe I'm using a different version (which is very likely, as I play on a private server for smaller mod authors that uses the latest versions of mods).