TConstruct Lava Overflow Server Crash

ThermalCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

FTB Version: Unleashed, 1.1.7

We are having a problem with TConstruct Smelterys. Over last week we have had two server crashes caused on two chunks.

People using Smelterys causing lava overflow crash the server, once you go near that chunk the server crashes, please see error below;

Time: 7/22/14 6:27 AM
Description: Exception while ticking a block

java.lang.NullPointerException
at mods.tinker.tconstruct.blocks.fluid.LiquidMetalFlowing.flowIntoBlock(LiquidMetalFlowing.java:148)
at mods.tinker.tconstruct.blocks.fluid.LiquidMetalFlowing.func_71847_b(LiquidMetalFlowing.java:132)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:879)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:380)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:827)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:320)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:732)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:614)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Stacktrace:
at mods.tinker.tconstruct.blocks.fluid.LiquidMetalFlowing.flowIntoBlock(LiquidMetalFlowing.java:148)
at mods.tinker.tconstruct.blocks.fluid.LiquidMetalFlowing.func_71847_b(LiquidMetalFlowing.java:132)

-- Block being ticked --
Details:
Block type: ID #1479 (tile.liquid.metalFlow // mods.tinker.tconstruct.blocks.fluid.LiquidMetalFlowing)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (-1253,62,319), Chunk: (at 11,3,15 in -79,19; contains blocks -1264,0,304 to -1249,255,319), Region: (-3,0; contains chunks -96,0 to -65,31, blocks -1536,0,0 to -1025,255,511)
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:879)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:380)

Plugins:
AutoSaveWorld, Autorank, Banitem, BedCraftDUPE,BedcraftGP, ChestShop, ClearLag, Cobrakits, CraftBay, EnjinMinecraftPlugin, Essentials, GriefPreventionData, Group Manager, LWC, MoneyDrop, NPC Warehouse, PlayerHeads,PluginMetrics, PRISM, RankBot, ScheduledAnnoucer2, Skywars, SpamTrap, SurvivalGames, Updater, VoteCommand, Votifier, VoxelSniper, WorldEdit, WorldBorder, WorldGuard, mcmmo, update

Server Specs:

E3-1225v2
32 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
x2 120GB SSDs (RAID-1)
1gbps Uplink
Debian Linux 7.5

Thanks in advance,

- James

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how to fix it. Go into MCEdit and delete the offending smelteries(Compensating the owners of said smelteries of course), then sternly warn your players not to let their smelteries get too full.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to ban smelteries. Just warn your players of what happens if they aren't watched.
The first crash report is the same as the one you posted in the first post. The second one is caused by dynmap.

ThermalCraft

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to ban smelteries. Just warn your players of what happens if they aren't watched.
The first crash report is the same as the one you posted in the first post. The second one is caused by dynmap.

I have fixed the issue with Dynmap, however this TConstruct problem is a huge issue for us. People do not realise they are doing this and causing the crashes, we have told people and put up server messages however there will always be someone who does not listen, or purposely intends to crash the server.

Once the server crashes when no admins are online there is nothing we can do and this is effecting our uptime, if we was to follow your logic on every problem I would not have a ban list for server crashing items or greifing items as I could tell players all day long to not do this or that, but they will not listen at end of day.

Please could you provide a solution to resolve the issue? or if anyone else on the forum can.

Thanks in advance.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I have fixed the issue with Dynmap, however this TConstruct problem is a huge issue for us. People do not realise they are doing this and causing the crashes, we have told people and put up server messages however there will always be someone who does not listen, or purposely intends to crash the server.

Once the server crashes when no admins are online there is nothing we can do and this is effecting our uptime, if we was to follow your logic on every problem I would not have a ban list for server crashing items or greifing items as I could tell players all day long to not do this or that, but they will not listen at end of day.

Please could you provide a solution to resolve the issue? or if anyone else on the forum can.

Thanks in advance.
Well, there is no way of keeping it from happening aside from banning smelteries(or disciplining the players who do this).

Shybella

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is no way of keeping it from happening aside from banning smelteries(or disciplining the players who do this).
Why would you discipline a player over something they can't control? LOL...

You can also fix this.

Disable the placement of flowing metals. Use TekkitCustomizer and add this below.

Code:
    PlacementBanned:
    - 1479:*:TConstructFlowingLiquidFix

Also some liquids from TConstruct don't render correctly with buildcraft pipes and cause server/client crashes.

You have two choices besides patching the mod.

1. Make a plugin to disable placement of BuildCraft pipes next to smeltery controller.
( Lots of plugin examples on Google )
2. Make a plugin that scans the affected area and replace the pipes with air/stone/whatever.
( I made this, its crude but works; source here - > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=stu0Qv4p

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you discipline a player over something they can't control? LOL...

You can also fix this.

Disable the placement of flowing metals. Use TekkitCustomizer and add this below.

Code:
    PlacementBanned:
    - 1479:*:TConstructFlowingLiquidFix

Also some liquids from TConstruct don't render correctly with buildcraft pipes and cause server/client crashes.

You have two choices besides patching the mod.

1. Make a plugin to disable placement of BuildCraft pipes next to smeltery controller.
( Lots of plugin examples on Google )
2. Make a plugin that scans the affected area and replace the pipes with air/stone/whatever.
( I made this, its crude but works; source here - > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=stu0Qv4p
Over something they can't control? They can control it just fine! By not going nuts with the smeltery.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Why am I not aware of this? I'd rather just fix it in BuildCraft... (or ask boni to fix if I figure out it's a TCon bug instead)