TC4 Wand Recharge Station - Hungry Node

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What is the range of a wand recharge station? I have found a hungry node, and thought about trying to tame it for all my recharging needs. I would like to place the node close enough to recharge a wand, but far enough away not to get sucked in to it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno. It's a decent range, but it can't get past obsidian, so an obsidian shell around it would suffice even if you put it directly under it. Not ideal since the whole benefit of the Hungry Node Wand Charging System is that you can feed it, but that's hardly impossible to work around.

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Just surround the node with warded blocks and put a recharge station close enough to recharge.

EDIT: The range, as tested in creative, is 7-8 blocks as of Thaumcraft 4.0.5, but I haven't tested in 4.1.

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to place the hungry node above the recharge station and behind some obsidian to protect me from getting pulled in, I was just hoping to get the hungry node just far enough away, that I don't get lifted off the ground when walking under it. That would be rather annoying. On the plus side, I did find the wand of uprising is good for getting away from a hungry node if you happen to get too close. Maybe I can place a corporeal attractor in repel mode right above the hungry node (obsidian in between) and cancel out the upward pull.

I found my hungry node by accident. I found a jungle temple that had the top half missing... and of course I didn't think anything of it. lol. I found two very nice nodes inside... all 6 primals. 3 on one node, 3 on the other. The only bad part was that they were right next to each other. about 8 blocks up with the hungry node... I got sucked in when I jumped...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to place the hungry node above the recharge station and behind some obsidian to protect me from getting pulled in, I was just hoping to get the hungry node just far enough away, that I don't get lifted off the ground when walking under it. That would be rather annoying. On the plus side, I did find the wand of uprising is good for getting away from a hungry node if you happen to get too close. Maybe I can place a corporeal attractor in repel mode right above the hungry node (obsidian in between) and cancel out the upward pull.

I found my hungry node by accident. I found a jungle temple that had the top half missing... and of course I didn't think anything of it. lol. I found two very nice nodes inside... all 6 primals. 3 on one node, 3 on the other. The only bad part was that they were right next to each other. about 8 blocks up with the hungry node... I got sucked in when I jumped...
I don't think you'll be able to get to far enough away that it doesn't pull you, but can be used in a wand recharge station.
Mind you, if you automated the recharge station, it wouldn't matter if it tries to pull you since you would be piping in the wand and pulling it out when it's done.