TC4.1: Getting research points

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you don't know one of the aspects in wood.

If I remember correctly, you'll need to combine a couple aspects (Two primals, I forget which ones... probably not Ignis, Aer, or Perditio) in the research table to learn Victus, then you can scan seeds for Granum, if I'm not mistaken, then you should be able to do wood just fine.

There's a Thaumcraft cheat sheet somewhere on these forums that'll tell you exactly what you need to do.
It's Aqua and Terra for Victus.
And in my testing I still need to scan for Herba before I can get Arbor(not that this is hard or anything)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Get Forbidden Magic, make the crystal scribing tools, research as usual, then right click it once it's out of ink. You get something around 5 points for every primal aspect, and normal scribing tools back (so just upgrade it again).

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Get Forbidden Magic, make the crystal scribing tools, research as usual, then right click it once it's out of ink. You get something around 5 points for every primal aspect, and normal scribing tools back (so just upgrade it again).

I was wondering if I should research those. That bonus is going to be quite nice. Thanks for posting this.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Oak wood... Just plain old oak wood... and leaves.. LOL I do know the difference between the two "error" messages you get while scanning, and the one I'm getting is you don't have the knowledge, not there is nothing to learn from ...

So I found this list http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects and apparently the Arbor aspect needs Aer and Herba... Herba needs Granum and Terra, and Granum needs Ordo and Victus, and Victus needs Aqua and Terra.. So appart from combining them in the table, the system isn't allowing me to "discover" Victus, thus hindering my scanning research..

Okay then... /boggle

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Oak wood... Just plain old oak wood... and leaves.. LOL I do know the difference between the two "error" messages you get while scanning, and the one I'm getting is you don't have the knowledge, not there is nothing to learn from ...

So I found this list http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects and apparently the Arbor aspect needs Aer and Herba... Herba needs Granum and Terra, and Granum needs Ordo and Victus, and Victus needs Aqua and Terra.. So appart from combining them in the table, the system isn't allowing me to "discover" Victus, thus hindering my scanning research..

Okay then... /boggle
Victus is the one aspect that realistically you can't get by scanning alone
Just combine a single water and earth, discover victus and scan away.

I think there's only one item that contains victus, but doesn't contain any compound aspect that requires victus. (Raw chicken from memory)
But it's just two primals and you'll need to combine at some point any how

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Okay then... /boggle
Victus is a pain, as you pretty much can't find a source you can scan until you know it and plenty else. Thankfully it's the only aspect you really have to make to learn; plus the Thaumonomicon tells you how to make it. Once you have Victus, the rest falls into place. Granum is from wheat seeds, herba can be found on many plants(and on leaves), and arbor is on pretty much every tree.