Tank: Open Block or Railcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
you can still catch soaryn doing a live stream with it once in a while i think. don't know for sure if he stopped on it or not though.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
And, of course, the biggest tank of all, the quantum tank. Only available to gregtech users, and expensive as hell, but it stores about 2 million buckets of any liquid, which is quite a lot by my standards.

Reactions: YX33A

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Plop down a few rainbow tree's from Dye Trees; no need to do it surgical if the world starts getting stable.
You mean like you can have tendrils and dense ore world and stabilise them?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing on monster, just use your ME network to store all your liquids. Is way more simple than making tanks everywhere.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You mean like you can have tendrils and dense ore world and stabilise them?

Apparently, yes. Ask Reika for details, I'm just parroting him. Also cleans up Taint in a larger radius then ethereal blooms, but slower.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the drum idea I haven't looked into it yet however if there was a way to detect when a drum was empty break it and replace it with a full one and also for filling if a drum is full break it and place it in a network or a chest. If it's possible and I'm sure it is somehow, that would make things less laggy and also make my bases with tanks a lot smaller. Not to mention another thing that I can automate.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I really like the drum idea I haven't looked into it yet however if there was a way to detect when a drum was empty break it and replace it with a full one and also for filling if a drum is full break it and place it in a network or a chest. If it's possible and I'm sure it is somehow, that would make things less laggy and also make my bases with tanks a lot smaller. Not to mention another thing that I can automate.
Any chance they could be filled like a bucket or the like in a Liquid transposer?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance they could be filled like a bucket or the like in a Liquid transposer?
I haven't tested it yet but I did go on and see if buildcraft gates work with them and they do, from there all I would have to do is get a turtle or some other block breaker to break the drum when the gate lights up the redstone signal. Gonna replace all of my tanks with drums now. I didn't realize it before now but the drums are the color of the liquid inside of them which I love the look of. The Colors are why I like bees too for some reason.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid transposer does work. I used it to fill the drums with lava I've made by melting netherracks in the magma crucible.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Fluid transposer does work. I used it to fill the drums with lava I've made by melting netherracks in the magma crucible.

That would indeed be a very compact way of storing liquids then, albeit you might have problems with bandwidth compared to tank/liquiduct speeds.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Xycraft tanks .... what happened to Xycraft anyways?

Faded into the twilight after Ultimate? I know it had a love / hate relationship with many players, but had some neat features that I liked (gief dat fabricator back!)

Official site contains nothing above 1.4.x, so I guess development stopped?
Soaryn is still developing it. He does livestreams of devving for 1.6 all the time and has hinted it will be out soon TM while on Forgecraft(dont remember if the hint was soaryn saying it or dire messing with soaryn though)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Soaryn is still developing it. He does livestreams of devving for 1.6 all the time and has hinted it will be out soon TM while on Forgecraft(dont remember if the hint was soaryn saying it or dire messing with soaryn though)
To be fair, isn't Elloram technically still developing Redpower?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Well, I guess this makes things easier.

Anyway, regardless of streaming content and it being on forgecraft, unless Soaryn makes a release, it's vaporware.
I agree, as much as I like soaryn I dislike how he chose to just not update the previous version of xycraft until his new and improved version is ready. I would rather have a half broken mod than no mod at all.