Tainted base, please help!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I was working on increasing my vis network node and out ranging for nodes. I found several and Teleposed them in, when to my great mistake accidentally sending a tainted node to my base (I missed scanning one. It was at the edge of a tained biome and for some reason it didn't click for me to check.)

Now I removed the node and the other nodes that had been infected, but no matter how I try to remove the fibrous taint from my base, it keeps spreading back. I'm slightly isolated from the rest of my server group but not very isolated. What can I do to fix this before it spreads out into my friend's places, or worse, my GF's farm?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
i don't believe there is any way to purify the nodes once tainted, though placing pure nodes like the ones found in silverwood trees will counteract the taint with a magical forest biome, or you can make an ethereal bloom which should change fight against the tainted nodes to return the biome to it's original biome. you may need a couople blooms to counteract the tainted nodes

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I've jarred the nodes and have them in ME storage for now. I might just bin them if they're unuseable (Which is sad since they were both single aspect 100+ nodes)
My primary concern is taint containment. Can they 'jump' through solid blocks (say, the walls of my base) and infect the dirt/rock outside my base? I'm buried about 15 blocks underground.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I threw some ethereal blooms down around the infected areas and they seemed to have cleaned them up. I've removed them now just to see if the taint starts to come back. if that's the case I'll have to leave them sitting around my base, even if the dirt and bloom kind of clash with my aesthetics.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Okay I threw some ethereal blooms down around the infected areas and they seemed to have cleaned them up. I've removed them now just to see if the taint starts to come back. if that's the case I'll have to leave them sitting around my base, even if the dirt and bloom kind of clash with my aesthetics.
As far as I understand Taint, it is a Biome. If a block is infected, then all vertical blocks gets it(maybe not Floating islands etc. not sure). Once you got a single block biome of taint it will start to spread out(other factors can spread it too). Blooms can turn the biomes back to original, while Silverwood trees and pure nodes simply change to Magical Forest.

So after using the Blooms you can simply use the F3 overlay (or any other indication of biomes) to go over every block of land you suspect and test it out.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You can still use the nodes as energised nodes. Energised nodes loses their prefix so you do not have to worry about tainted nodes.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sweet i wont loose them. If i let them get eaten by a pure node would that prevent it from getting tainted?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Tainted nodes are tainted, can't be reversed.
Node bullying only works if the bully is larger than the node you want eaten.

Pure nodes can change a tainted biome to a magical forest biome. But they can't purify a tainted node.

A tainted node changes a biome to a tainted biome as well as corrupting nodes into tainted ones. I'm not sure which is stronger though, so I'm not willing to risk putting a tainted node near my pure nodes.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So id have to have a node bigger than the tainted one to bully it, but it's possible for it to taint the bully node. I wonder if an advanced node stabilizer would help keep it safe.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
In my own test, the stabilisers doesn't protect the normal nodes against the corruption from the tainted node.

Not tested against a pure node though.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Break it and let the hungry node eat the ethereal essence?

I don't know, I might rather smash the tainted node, if there's nothing better to do with it, keep the essence for use in crafting or something, and feed the hungry node some crafting tables instead.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Break it and let the hungry node eat the ethereal essence?

I don't know, I might rather smash the tainted node, if there's nothing better to do with it, keep the essence for use in crafting or something, and feed the hungry node some crafting tables instead.
^
Or if you have a wisp farm.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I have a wisp farm. I dont have a hungry node, though. They can't eat warded glass or obsidian right? I have a special chamber set aside for it im just not sure how other people set it up.

Or how to make a hungry node, for that matter. how do you get one?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have a wisp farm. I dont have a hungry node, though. They can't eat warded glass or obsidian right? I have a special chamber set aside for it im just not sure how other people set it up.

From what I've heard, that (rarely) spawn in worldgen, and you might occasionally get one by using a Primordial Pearl on a more mundane node. Or maybe it'll just blow up in your face. I don't know for sure.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I only have 1 pearl left, and i have no idea how i got the two i had.

I used one on a node, and it just exploded, throwing me across the room and adding 1 of each primal to it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019

If you have the Technomancy mod, it has the Node Fabricator that requires large amount of RF, Auram & Viteum essentia to create nodes. By feed the node fabricator an overwhelming amount of essentia before hitting it with the wand will result in a hungry node 9 out of 10 tries.

Do it far away from things you would like to conserve.