T5 Enderman Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Roan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a t5 enderman shard set up near my quarry. I have them falling and the pearls being piped into an enderchest to be brought back to my base. The chunks are definitely loaded (quarry and I even set up a world anchor directly above the spawner. I am only getting pearls piped enderchested back to my base when myself or another player are there. I do not understand because my t5 creeper spawner works with my world anchor when I am not at my base.

Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

Roan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a fueled world anchor 4 blocks above the spawner with about a 60 block drop to where the pearls are collected with obsidian pipes. There is also a quarry about 15 blocks away from the enderchest that the pearls are piped into.

All tubing is directly under where the endermen fall. I am sure it works because when I am at the spawner and my friend is at our base, it works.

My base has a world anchor, but that isn't relevant because I am at my base when I am trying to see if it is working or not.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have some screenshots? The only problem I can think of is chunk loading, yet you say it is all loaded properly.

Roan

Jul 29, 2019
The enderchest at the base. Doesn't work when I am there.
2ciiiqe.png

The Piping of the spawner with the enderchest.
b9ho4j.png

The world anchor on the top of the area. Directly 4 blocks between it and the spawner. The world anchor has 15 enderpearls in it.
28l53qc.png

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
I think its a bug. We have a similar issue, whereby our creeper spawner requires someone to be close by to work, even though our blaze spawner does not require anyone in proximity. Tried both chunk loader and world anchor, no difference.

Vans321

Jul 29, 2019
spawners only work when a player entity is within a certain range, I want to say 15 blocks or something

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
spawners only work when a player entity is within a certain range, I want to say 15 blocks or something

Incorrect for high tier spawners.

But mob spawning mechanics will still affect your high tier spawners.

A mob spawns (I am guessing from memory the numbers) when you are within 256 blocks. They will then disappear if you aren't within 128 blocks on the next check. This is a vanilla mechanic and applies on most non-passive mobs. Blazes may be an exception due to their ties with fortresses although I've never heard of it.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spawning

See Mob Spawning section
Mob_spawning_ranges.png

Roan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, okay then. I thought the chunk loader would fix that but I guess not. Guess i'll need to move the spawner closer. Thanks.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong here, but I think turtles are counted as a player character just like you are. If so then in theory you could place a turtle near the spawner to trick it into thinking you are near enough to overcome the limitation. This would needed tested but it "might" work. If I'm right then you should not even need to program or fuel the turtle just let it sit there.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
^ It's worth a shot. They count as a player kill when killing so it's entirely possible they count as a player in general. Maybe brain in a jar might be worth it if that fails as they have the player characteristic of sucking exp up.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I think basic vanilla mob rules still count like any mobs 128 blocks away from you will despawn.

Roan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I will have to try the turtle thing before I move it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I thought one of the tiers allowed you to not have to have a player nearby

Yes 4 and 5. But the issue is not that they are not spawning but that they are despawning before being killed. Any hostle mob that is outside of the 128 block range every tick will have a high chance to despawn. So Whats happening is they are most likely depsawning while falling.