(Survey)THE THIRD MODDED MINECRAFT SURVEY(Survey)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrKicker

Jul 29, 2019

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I like the Confidence in your computer section. Your confidence level in your computer is really, completely irrelevant. All server lag i've ever had was from internet issues or just trying to do too many things at once(facebook, youtube, minecraft, etc) and lagging my computer. I can watch 1080i hd video with no issues. My computer is fantastic, but I get highly fluctuating fps from ~5-30 while playing minecraft.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
5-30 fps?? Are you allocating too much/little ram or something? Have you tried Optifine?
4 gigs of ram. No optifine. I am using Fastcraft. All fastcraft really does for me is drastically decrease the amount of fps fluctuation, so i'm stuck on about 18-20, and chunks render faster.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a very old computer? Also try updating your graphic card drivers.
Not that old. The warranty just ended a few months ago, cue battery death and rage. All my drivers are up to date, excluding useless things like bluetooth cause i don't use them.

Yeah, none of my IT friends have a clue as to why it doesn't work. One looked at the complete specs and said that i should be able to run it in its sleep.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Not that old. The warranty just ended a few months ago, cue battery death and rage. All my drivers are up to date, excluding useless things like bluetooth cause i don't use them.

Yeah, none of my IT friends have a clue as to why it doesn't work. One looked at the complete specs and said that i should be able to run it in its sleep.
Have you made sure minecraft is using your dedicated graphics card? And set the processor affinity for MC at high or very high(But never realtime!!)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is a weird game when it comes to performance. Do you have 12 cores or something?

Whatever is in the packs. I've played most of what is on the FTB launcer, plus some. At least i'm getting the same performance regardless of what pack I play, as a lot of people don't even get that.
Have you made sure minecraft is using your dedicated graphics card? And set the processor affinity for MC at high or very high(But never realtime!!)
Nope. Never knew how. Asked multiple times, but never got an answer.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever is in the packs. I've played most of what is on the FTB launcer, plus some. At least i'm getting the same performance regardless of what pack I play, as a lot of people don't even get that.

Nope. Never knew how. Asked multiple times, but never got an answer.
Nvidia or AMD?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
*coughs* I do not play any of those packs. I mainly play 3rd party packs that aren't on the launcher... add an "other - INSERT" option...

Reactions: L0NExW0LF

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Neither? Default Intel HD 3000, so whatever that is.
That's why. You have integrated graphics, so are putting double the load on your processor. Grab yourself a GeForce 730 or 750.
To add on to this, it's not just added load on your processor, the integrated graphics itself has a limit.

Last edited: