Suggetions For Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

micmou

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen any suggestion threads for Infinity or any 1.7.10 Packs nor have been able to find them.

So I posted here in the hope that somebody could redirect me or explain why anyway here is my suggestion

Tardis Mod

SMP Support - One of the best things about it. The mod is built with support in mind.

Uniqueness - It adds a tardis that is balanced and fun to fly with great SMP support. It allows a unique way to travel across the world.

Usefulness - Can be used as a way to travel and explore has cross mod integration including the Sonic screwdriver able to be used as a omni wrench. Does not eat a lot of resources and can be made an optional mod.

Updates - It is regularly maintained and updated by the mod author ShaneDarkholme here
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2420176-tardis-mod

Reasons to add - It is a unique regularly Updated mod that is well balanced and adds features and functions exhibited no where else. It is also his first public project and it would be a great way to exhibit an up and coming mod developer.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Modpack making is not a majority rules game where the public just votes on which mods they want added and then they get added. It would be a completely broken mess if they did.

Something like Infinity is cut down to the bone with a combination of only the most common, most popular and most useful mods making the cut. What you propose is a gimmick that only appeals to the few that are in to Dr. Who most likely. Why on earth would you want to cause extra lag for everyone, complicate bug fixing and balancing and cause god knows what other complications with something like that, when so many better mods didn't make the cut?

Vauthil said:
The reason threads like this get locked is because they don't serve a purpose and just serve to agitate well-meaning people. By the time a pack is publicly announced the mod lists are pretty well nailed down; basically, unless a pack author/coordinator is specifically requesting suggestions for additions, it's not going to happen.

The reasons are manifold:
  • A lot of work goes into these packs pre-release that can get thrown out of whack by arbitrary last second additions. The pack development process isn't "throw together a list of mods and slap a name on it", and decisions on the list have already been made with criteria in mind.
  • If they add what you want, why won't they add what player X and player Y and player Z want? Where does it end? At that point Infinity becomes a description of the system requirements of the pack, if all these suggestions were taken.
  • On the subject of LPs and the like, it can be seriously disruptive to just throw in mods willy-nilly in the midst of a world like that. Changes to the mod list tend to reflect either minor tweaks or the addition of awaited content (e.g. Thermal Dynamics wasn't out at the initial release, but it has always been intended to be included so when it was released it was added).
  • On the subject of Ars Magica 2 itself, that mod represents about the most problematic kind of mod to add to a pack in progress that there is. It has content across the spectrum and all kinds of places for interaction to go awry. Remember, folks, when you add a mod to a pack, it isn't just about what it brings, but what it does to the rest of the mods already in the pack. The larger the pack, the more exponential the amount of cross-checking gets. Even more so when you have a content-spanning mod like Ars that touches on pretty much every system in Minecraft with something.
With that all said (and that's not even all to say, but at this point it's more than enough), there's no room to go back-and-forth on this, because unless the people in charge of the pack want something, it isn't getting in there, and we don't encourage badgering for content by humoring these threads because, as mentioned, they never end well. The pack team reads the forums and, who knows, maybe the stars align and they do decide to make the addition; however, more threads like this aren't going to be the determining factor on that.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/request-for-infinity-pack.70719/#post-1003443

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Modpack making is not a majority rules game where the public just votes on which mods they want added and then they get added. It would be a completely broken mess if they did.

Something like Infinity is cut down to the bone with a combination of only the most common, most popular and most useful mods making the cut. What you propose is a gimmick that only appeals to the few that are in to Dr. Who most likely. Why on earth would you want to cause extra lag for everyone, complicate bug fixing and balancing and cause god knows what other complications with something like that, when so many better mods didn't make the cut?

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/request-for-infinity-pack.70719/#post-1003443
This. I very much like that quote. I do feel like these threads come up quite a bit, and I do not understand why people do not just add the mod into their pack if that is what they truly want. Even on servers it is not that hard to make everyone get a mod if that is what they are working towards.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
This. I very much like that quote. I do feel like these threads come up quite a bit, and I do not understand why people do not just add the mod into their pack if that is what they truly want. Even on servers it is not that hard to make everyone get a mod if that is what they are working towards.
I think, generally, it's a case of "I have found this mod, but it's not part of my favourite pack, if it were, all my friends and people would be enjoying the same goodness", while not necessarily thinking about the work required to curate the packs. It's not really a bad thing, and is overall, to be commended. It's just that things don't quite work that way.