Suggestions not for the mod but the Website.

slimjimjimmy

Jul 29, 2019
a screenshot that was posted on the minecraft forum I think might be a good reference for the people suggesting mods, and maybe once the whole thing is up and running a place where people can post screenshots of their creations of things with the mod pack for inspiration and just for the fun of sharing artistic views. Thank you for your time. Sorry ahead of time if i missed a forum topic this is suppose to be in.

Necrowen

Jul 29, 2019
Another Idea for the site is a section with a short introduction / explanation of the mods that are included in the mod pack and a link to where you can download the latest version of that mod.

with optional links to the mods :

The homepage
Wiki pages
Recipe pages

:D

adib

Jul 29, 2019
i dont think an wiki is that needed, afterall it is an modpack to test what you know about the mods.

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
i dont think an wiki is that needed, afterall it is an modpack to test what you know about the mods.
Maybe it is, but it is also there for people just to play with, and if they dont know a certain part of some mods, they can check the wiki?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Tjakehaslam said:
adib said:
Maybe it is, but it is also there for people just to play with, and if they dont know a certain part of some mods, they can check the wiki?
yeah but there is an official wiki also, i suggest help the creators of the mod by visiting their wiki is better than just going to an we made.

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
maybe we could make a wiki and on there are links for the official wiki's of the mods. so essentially our wiki would be a hub/central.

Reactions: Not_Steve

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Tjakehaslam said:
maybe we could make a wiki and on there are links for the official wiki's of the mods. so essentially our wiki would be a hub/central.
a wiki hub can be usefull.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
We should also get a group of dedicated writers for the wiki's as some are really lacking in detail or are very old.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
I would help with the wiki, but you'd need to get very clear permission from the mod makers that they would allow the wikis as a few of them host them, by themselves.

If nothing else the IC2 and Forestry wikis should have links.

While this started as the beast, Direwolf20 seems to intend to do a lets play with it in the normal world. Quite a few regular people also intend to play.

It's also a small step that can be done to undercut 'the other group' as they do have a massively inclusive wiki with all that out of date information in it.
i'd still say just an hub is the best, since we dont have to rewrite the whole wiki, the original wiki's are pretty much up to date.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
ICountFrom0 said:
I would help with the wiki, but you'd need to get very clear permission from the mod makers that they would allow the wikis as a few of them host them, by themselves.

While this started as the beast, Direwolf20 seems to intend to do a lets play with it in the normal world. Quite a few regular people also intend to play.

It's also a small step that can be done to undercut 'the other group' as they do have a massively inclusive wiki with all that out of date information in it.
i'd still say just an hub is the best, since we dont have to rewrite the whole wiki, the original wiki's are pretty much up to date.

Some are outdated. A FTB "unified wiki" with information on all the mods used in the pack written by people here on the forums who now a thing or two about the mods would be another idea.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
RampantPanda65 said:
adib said:
ICountFrom0 said:

Some are outdated. A FTB "unified wiki" with information on all the mods used in the pack written by people here on the forums who now a thing or two about the mods would be another idea.
then instead of working on a new one why dont we just update the old ones?