Suggestions needed for really fast water generator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

UndercoverQuasar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am playing in "FTB Presents Crackpack" and I am trying to supply the mekanism fusion reactor with 150,000mb of water per tick. I've worked out that 300 fully upgraded electric pumps can manage this however I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a smaller water gen?

Thanks

UndercoverQuasar

Jul 29, 2019
I had tried the nodes before and found that they weren't really that good however after your suggestion I decided to take another look and got it working great.

For those in the future looking for an answer.

Just lining up nodes and throwing in upgrades will not work well, the speed of them is significantly reduced as soon as you add more than one transfer pipe to it and it has to search further. Thermal expansion's super laminar conduit will connect to the node and gives the added benefit that it will only search one block so you get the maximum speed for it. Inside the node I added 5 stacks of world interaction upgrades and 1 stack of speed upgrades. 10 nodes set up like this provided me with approx 160 buckets of water per tick.

Here is a picture of the setup.

EJqSelt.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Link

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing single player and don't mind adding new things, you could take a look at RotaryCraft. Working with it can be a bit...different, for newcomers, but the pump can work at one-tick speeds with relatively little investment; you don't even need to have ethanol production going, just steel enough to make a pair of wind turbines and shafts/junctions.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at extra utilities liquid transfer node with world interaction and speed upgrades.

Tip I was given, and always used successfully, is to put the Liquid Transfer Node right above the middle block of a 3x3 still pool, and then use a minimal amount of upgrades in the Node to provide the proper quantity of water. I think it's the World Interaction Upgrades that you need, but I don't think speed upgrades do anything. Best bet is just experiment to find the correct upgrade for the job, there's only 3 types (World, Speed and Stack). With enough upgrades, the 3x3 pool can provide seemingly infinite volume of water per tick.