Suggestions for the launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

asasineblade

Jul 29, 2019
These suggestions that may have been brought up in the past, but i think it would be a great idea if it was possible to "Add" a custom mod-pack to the launcher list that was user-created, similar to MultiMC but without having to overwrite other mod-packs. Also, another idea for a preset mod-pack would be one similar to voxelpack, but with all non-resource extensive, non-voxel based world editing tools such as NEI, and World-edit, as-well as Optifine.
If the voxelboxpack was a little easier to run on a laptop or low end desktop, i wouldn't have probably made this post, but i play on a decent laptop and get a horrifying 10-15 FPS at most while using the mod-pack.

Rensik

Jul 29, 2019
As the title of this thread is "Suggestions for the launcher", I'm gonna go ahead and post my suggestions here... no offense meant to the OP. It's just oh so conveniently named :p anywho, suggestions:

One:
I run a server based on the Mindcrack Modpack. An issue I've run into is the fact if I change the server configs, then I must also hand out those same configs to all my players, especially if the configs I changed change item or block IDs, or in the case of GregTech, recipes being used. It would be awesome if I could get a Server Config code option where I hand out a code, and when the players download the pack their configs are automatically adjusted to fit the server.

Two:
Also, another issue is if I add any mods beyond what the modpack has, I then have to tell all my players to go add that mod and what version the mod is, and then how to fix the mod when it breaks(cause it usually does). Fixing the mod, I'll just have to put up with for now, but I would also like it that if the above suggestion in this post was implemented, that a warning as to what extra mods a player may need would be shown; with possible links to the correct downloads of those mods.

Reactions: mitchisme

KingKal98

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if my post should go here but it's the closest thread to what I want that I could find: With the recent update that gives us wallpapers, I was wondering if the logos for the Direwolf20, FTB Unleashed and FTB Unhinged packs could be made into wallpapers, preferably with a selection of resolutions just like the current two wallpapers.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to hurt you in anyway, but you must have a crap computer to not be able to run the VoxelModPack. I used to have a netbook that can run the pack at 30 FPS.
These suggestions that may have been brought up in the past, but i think it would be a great idea if it was possible to "Add" a custom mod-pack to the launcher list that was user-created, similar to MultiMC but without having to overwrite other mod-packs. Also, another idea for a preset mod-pack would be one similar to voxelpack, but with all non-resource extensive, non-voxel based world editing tools such as NEI, and World-edit, as-well as Optifine.
If the voxelboxpack was a little easier to run on a laptop or low end desktop, i wouldn't have probably made this post, but i play on a decent laptop and get a horrifying 10-15 FPS at most while using the mod-pack.

Reactions: Jinbobo
Status
Not open for further replies.