Suggestions for automating Pam's

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! The third party pack I'm playing on (Ferret Business) has Pam's Harvestcraft, Thermal Expansion 4, Ender IO, Buildcraft, etc, all those big mods and a few smaller mods http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-the-ferret-business-wip-hqm-200-quests-v-0-0-4.64930/ . Now I wanted to automate the growing and harvesting of rice from Pam's but it's one of those odd crops that MFR doesn't recognize. Indeed, when it's harvested it comes up as rice that has to be put into a crafting grid to be turned into seeds, so it's going to be an odd one to automate. I know the automation process will probably involve some sort of round robin pipe to separate half to being sent to an automatic crafting table to be turned into seeds to be replanted, the other being what you use for other food type stuff. But I am looking for ideas on how to actually plant and/or harvest it? I've not started on Thaumcraft so golems are right out. Anyone with any suggestions?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a good reason to get started on Thaumcraft then. Botania also has some kind of auto farming.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Another alternative would be MFR with SFM doing the crafting to seeds
Except MFR Auto-Harvester doesn't recognize it to harvest it. Though ... Drum of the Wild to harvest, Daffomills to push everything into a hopper, an Ender IO Crafter to convert some of the rice into seeds (need to see which ducts do round robin), just leaves planting. I'll have to see if the MFR Auto-Planter will recognize it to plant once it's in seed form. The only tricky thing then will be timing the Redstone Mana Spreader to only trip the drum when most if not all of the rice is fully grown. *thinks*

Edit: On thinking, yeah, Steve's would be better at the seed crafting, could tell it to keep 'x' amount in the planter and craft as needed. :D

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Except MFR Auto-Harvester doesn't recognize it to harvest it. Though ... Drum of the Wild to harvest, Daffomills to push everything into a hopper, an Ender IO Crafter to convert some of the rice into seeds (need to see which ducts do round robin), just leaves planting. I'll have to see if the MFR Auto-Planter will recognize it to plant once it's in seed form. The only tricky thing then will be timing the Redstone Mana Spreader to only trip the drum when most if not all of the rice is fully grown. *thinks*

Edit: On thinking, yeah, Steve's would be better at the seed crafting, could tell it to keep 'x' amount in the planter and craft as needed. :D
SFM can also be used to autoharvest them, if you don't want to waste some of that lovely mana. Direwolf does a setup like that in his Crash Landing series, with pneumaticraft seeds, but with the it worked, you should be able to do it with both seeds and something else for the output. Might link that later on :3

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
SFM can also be used to autoharvest them, if you don't want to waste some of that lovely mana. Direwolf does a setup like that in his Crash Landing series, with pneumaticraft seeds, but with the it worked, you should be able to do it with both seeds and something else for the output. Might link that later on :3

he's also done a similar build with cocoa beans on ME^4

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
he's also done a similar build with cocoa beans on ME^4
*Hmm* Like he did the pumpkins, item valve or block gate (forget which) set to the metadata for the grown form so it will only pick up the grown form?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
*Hmm* Like he did the pumpkins, item valve or block gate (forget which) set to the metadata for the grown form so it will only pick up the grown form?

with gates, so it'd only harvest the cocoa beans if it'd drop 2 cocoa when broken (aka when it's fully grown)

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
with gates, so it'd only harvest the cocoa beans if it'd drop 2 cocoa when broken (aka when it's fully grown)
Ok, having some trouble here, but, then again, I am not a programmer so this stuff is hard for me. >.< Ok, so, block gate down, Steve's Inventory Manager down. Made the block gates all one variable (white), a blank orange variable (since For Each needs two, not sure what the other is used for.), the for each output to an input looking for 3 rice (since when a fully mature crop is broken it gives 3 rice), doesn't matter if it's match all, precise, or fuzzy, it breaks the crop instantly with out waiting for it to fully mature. >.<

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
try it with a condition, with a condition it'll first check if the rice is fully grown before attempting to break it.
doing an input straight away after the for each will cause the block gate to only pick up 3 rice max

Vanhal

Jul 29, 2019
Progressive Automation is in that pack, just use a planter, they are compatible with Pams.

Actually Agricraft is also in that pack, by using pams on the agricraft crops MFR should be able to harvest it without needing to replant it.

Reactions: KnightOwl

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Progressive Automation is in that pack, just use a planter, they are compatible with Pams.

Actually Agricraft is also in that pack, by using pams on the agricraft crops MFR should be able to harvest it without needing to replant it.

Verified that AgriCraft crops work. Thanks for the idea!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There's also a config option in Pam's that you can set so that whenever plant is broken it'll drop a seed, removes all the autocrafting needed to replant.