Suggestion - sacred rubber sapling.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest Direwolf20 1.0.15 update, sacred rubber saplings were added as part of MFR.

To server admins: I HIGHLY recommend you disable the sapling's spawning in dungeon chests in the common.cfg found in the config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded folder. I also recommend that you take the extra step of banning this item if using item restriction plugins such as NoItem. Don't even let your trusted admins use this item.
The sapling generates a tree that reaches to world height, creates a 100 block diameter sphere of wood, and generates leaves that reach beyond even far render distance. Here's a photo of what this monstrosity looks like: http://i.imgur.com/h45Wx0a.jpg

Growing this sapling has been known to cause issues even on single player...

To the FTB team: I recommend setting this option in a future update of Direwof20 and any other modpack that includes this sapling as the default config option. This will at least prevent these trees from being 'accidentally' found by players on servers where this option is not manually set.

Code:
    # If true, enable adding Sacred Rubber Sapling to jungle temple loot.
    B:WorldGen.SacredRubberSapling=false

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
I was truly tempted to grow one on our server, but one of our players tried it on a single player map and ended up having to restart his computer. Yea... nope.

StrangeCalibur

Jul 29, 2019
All I can say is iv never laughed so much and been so angry at the same time. I found it in a chest, I thought it would be a big tree, (Twilight Forrest Big...) so moved a bit of a distance away from my town to grow it, however not nearly far enough. I invested mostly in solar power so my AE system is now dead to me along with my resources so I have to work back up the tech tree to get everything working again. My town is now shrouded in eternal darkness, my villagers don't seem to know what to do, mainly because the attacks that normally only happen at night are now a never ending apocalypse. Some warning about the tree would have been great, even a small tool tip saying "warning, will block out the sun for all eternity".
May the lord have mercy on your souls.[DOUBLEPOST=1393788508][/DOUBLEPOST]Tempted to try and harvest the tree and use it for power at the same time.......

Reactions: Francis Baster

StrangeCalibur

Jul 29, 2019
[–]Roblos413 16 points 13 days ago

Day 6.

We haven't seen the sun in almost a week now, some of the children are getting worried. The crops will not grow without sunlight, and our Well has withered up. The strong smell of burning tires is sickening.

Will report back tomorrow.

Sincerely, -Allergic to Latex

h45Wx0a.jpg

osGS86G.png

Pictures and quote taken from this thread :
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...i_found_a_sacred_rubber_sapling_from_mfr_and/