[Suggestion] Choosing between ExtraBiomes XL, Biomes O' Plenty, and Highlands on a per-map basis

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this idea for a while, and I have no idea how it would work, but I would love a way to choose between these three biome mods (and possibly others) when starting a new map. There is a lot of support for Biomes O' Plenty and Highlands, and I'm certainly not suggesting removing EBXL completely, but it would be nice to be able to choose between the three. Has this ever been considered? I would love feedback from the FTB community on this idea. (Also, I apologize if this isn't the right forum, if it should be moved elsewhere feel free to do so or let me know.)

MediaCritic

Jul 29, 2019
If this option is being considered, and I think it should be, would anyone else be interested in an option for a SkylandsPlus+ overworld? (Using this mod: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/skylandsplus/)

I'll test it myself this weekend - I suspect the only compatibility issues might be with Buildcraft's oil deposits (not sure whether oil deposits still spawn in the open air) and Redpower's volcanoes.

EDIT: SkylandsPlus+ is a craftbukkit plugin; but there are alternative worldgen options for skylands, including the Better World Generation mods.

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
Adding Skylands would definitely be interesting, especially if it worked with BuildCraft. Constructing ocean-like oil rigs but designed to work in space (either immobile or with RedPower frames) could definitely be interesting! I've only played Skylands once, but it definitely has FTB potential.

ajrhug

Jul 29, 2019
skylands would just be obnoxious and difficult, and i think extrabiomes Xl is super boring, so biomes o plenty is the one i'd want to go for

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
are there hive generation issues on a map with only biomes o plenty installed with extra bees?

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned Highlands in my original post, Whovian. :) Personally I've never used it, but I keep seeing it brought up time and time again, and based on what I've seen it looked like a blast.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't decide on one, why not use all of them? I'm sure that at least EBXL and BoP are compatible with each other, Highlands would require some more testing.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Bee hives will spawn in BoP biomes. If 1.4.7 version, you need the extra addon mod to enable all that. Later versions of BoP deal with all that without the need for addons.

Doesn't Mystcraft give a Skylands version of worldgen?