Sugar and Cactus coke

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
A barrel of coal coke blocks is actually only about 590 million EU(~236 million MJ). Which sounds like a ton but isn't actually an extraordinary amount of power.

That's not to undermine the power density of such a barrel but it would take an extraordinary amount of time to get to that.

A DSU storage capacity reaches up to 2 billion coal blocks. A barrel can reach up to 4096 coal blocks, or 65536 if upgraded. That's not even close to being in range of the storage capacity of the DSU.

Also, being unable to be filled is an advantage. You can keep shoving coal coke blocks in an DSU and it'll almost never fill up.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
DSU. 2 *billion* coal coke blocks.

1 coal coke block = 9 coal coke = 72 sugar/cactus coke

A DSU full of that might power all MJ consumers on every modded MC server in the world....for a few hours, at least ;-)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
DSU. 2 *billion* coal coke blocks.

1 coal coke block = 9 coal coke = 72 sugar/cactus coke

A DSU full of that might power all MJ consumers on every modded MC server in the world....for a few hours, at least ;-)

What about force wrenched DSUs full of coal coke blocks stored inside of a DSU?

Dartcraft has its benefits.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have my base running off the charcoal from coke ovens. I have a few more left to make, but will have 50 coke ovens running making it when done. I've thought about setting up the sugar coke or cactus coke, but didn't know which mod added that in. Is it Plugins for Forestry? or another mod?

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I have my base running off the charcoal from coke ovens. I have a few more left to make, but will have 50 coke ovens running making it when done. I've thought about setting up the sugar coke or cactus coke, but didn't know which mod added that in. Is it Plugins for Forestry? or another mod?

Ahh....good question. Let's see:

minecraft@miguknamja:~/ftb/config$ find . -name "*.*" | 2>&1 xargs grep -i sugar | grep -i coke
./denoflionsx/PluginsforForestry/PluginsforForestry.cfg: # Meta Item. Contains Sugar Charcoal, Sugar Coke, Cactus Charcoal, Cactus Coke.

Looks liks densoflionx, aka DenPipes and it requires Forestry, it seems.

https://github.com/denoflionsx/PluginsForForestry/wiki/Sugar-Coke

It's part of the standard Unleashed.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What about force wrenched DSUs full of coal coke blocks stored inside of a DSU?

Dartcraft has its benefits.
Can you stack Force Wrenched items? I have my doubts as to this. If this is the case, however, then you know as well as I do what comes next.
*Fog Horn*

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Can you stack Force Wrenched items? I have my doubts as to this. If this is the case, however, then you know as well as I do what comes next.
*Fog Horn*

Indeed you can. But only if the NBT data is exactly the same. The only way to achieve this might be via middle clicking in creative mode, in which case, too bad, but I doubt it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
A DSU storage capacity reaches up to 2 billion coal blocks. A barrel can reach up to 4096 coal blocks, or 65536 if upgraded. That's not even close to being in range of the storage capacity of the DSU.

Also, being unable to be filled is an advantage. You can keep shoving coal coke blocks in an DSU and it'll almost never fill up.

I know that peg >.>

I just used a barrel as a relative mile marker because it's the only thing reasonably achievable.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure a DSU cam hold a lifetime supply of power in the form of sticks :p

IIRC they're 250 EU each which translates to ~537 billion EU(~215 billion MJ 2.5:1 ratio). So not quite as much as you might have imagined.