Request Stupid suggestion for quarried hives

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zztheman13

Jul 29, 2019
This happened.

Enderquarry w/ silk touch mined up hives. Tons of em. And like an idiot, I made a big wall out of them. But that's beside the point.

Maybe, just maybe, there could be a recipe to get rid of all these extra hives? Maybe macerating/pulverizing them into combs/wax, with a possible byproduct of drones? Minetweaker (of which I am n00by as hell) maybe?

Attachments

• 2015-01-21_17.07.08.png
    2015-01-21_17.07.08.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 52

Zztheman13

Jul 29, 2019
Ik...

What I'm saying is something to automatically process garbage hives to useful stuff without scoops (and sheep don't spawn on my server for some reason so wools a problem XD)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've done bees a bunch of times (all of em), and those Rocky Princesses and Drones from quarrying are very useful. Yeah, you def get a lot of them but the way I did my bees (with Binnie's ExtraBees machines, not Gendustry), I'd use a ton of those Rocky bees while working my way up the species ladder. But yeah, if they're silk-touched, you've got a lot of work to get the Princess and Drones out of em - only way is to use Scoops. In the GregTech pack I'm playing, I can make scoops from Titanium. LOL There's even a powered scoop using EU.

Sorry bud - might as well just get to work and be done with it. :)

Just make a few scoops. It is only six sticks with one wool.

True, but he'll prob need a lot of em, they don't last very long - maybe six or seven hives?

What I'm saying is something to automatically process garbage hives to useful stuff without scoops (and sheep don't spawn on my server for some reason so wools a problem XD)

Time to start a cotton farm using those pink seeds. Takes a while but once you get a nice big farm going you'll be swimming in string and thus, wool. When you're short on seeds at the start (they're tough to collect in big numbers) don't let the plant grow to maturity, you can get multiple seeds by breaking them (or right clicking?) if they didn't turn into cotton yet. Bees and string farms go hand-in-hand because the bee frames requires a lot of string. Other option is to make a spider mob grinder.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ik...

IC2 Laser or Thaumcraft Excavation focus works too. Also the Thaumcraft Thaumium Scoop can be enchanted with Repair and/or Unbreaking.

And yeah lots of other ways to get wool. String, cotton, silk wisps etc.

Zztheman13

Jul 29, 2019
Harvesters break them when they're mature and don't pick up the cotton, and not into Thaumcraft.

DAMMIT i have like 2 stacks of hives I'll just put them around someones house and watch them rage

Reactions: Gamefury64

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Harvesters break them when they're mature and don't pick up the cotton, and not into Thaumcraft.

DAMMIT i have like 2 stacks of hives I'll just put them around someones house and watch them rage
Try the fruit picker then.

EDIT: Harvester works just fine picking the cotton in my 1.6 TPPI.
EDIT: Harvester might not work in 1.7. EnderIO Farming Station should work however. Simplest would be a couple of cheap golems however. Or a few sheep and a rancher.

Last edited:

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR harvester works in my cotton farms in DW 1.7.10. What doesn't work is the block gate from SFM, it actually breaks the entire plant down to string and seed.

zenikk

Jul 29, 2019
well actually they aren't really garbage hives i use the stone bees as blank slates that you can put any genes into and make the perfect bee you want, but if you want to do it fast to get them processed fast.. well you could always funnel scoops into a autonomous activator and have it use place them infront of it to make it go faster