Windows .exe Stuck on loading from modpacks.xml

Dugehong

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've been trying to sort my FTB out for quite a while now, browsing Google for what feels like days with no solutions, so as a last resort, I feel forced to ask for help here. :(

Operating System, bit type: Windows 7, 64bit
Java version/update , bit type: Java 7, .45
Launcher version: 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Y
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=07pGZruG
Description of the problem:
I start up the launcher and it just sits on "Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml..." and "Please wait while mods are being loaded..." for HOURS.

(Optional information if issue involves download problems)
Anti-malware software and/or firewall: AVG
Location you're downloading from (per Launcher's Advanced Options): Tried automatic and Nottingham (as it's closer to me geographically).

I already have tried to disable AVG, I've tried to redownload the launcher, I've switched folders, I've toyed around with the java path and classpath, I uninstalled all other java versions, .jar won't even start, which is why I'm using .exe.

I sincerely hope this can be helped, if not, thank you for trying, everything counts at this point. :(

Thank you,

Dugehong

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
If you cant get FTB to work, you can use MultiMC5 to load your modpack of choice until a solution is figured out.

Dugehong

Jul 29, 2019
If you cant get FTB to work, you can use MultiMC5 to load your modpack of choice until a solution is figured out.
Oh? Where could I find more on this MultiMC5 thing?

Edit: Nvm, I Googled it instead and I'll look into it now, thanks for the heads up!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Try updating java to 1.7u51. Last night I could not get the launcher to connect and download the Monster 109 update, then finally launcher seemed to just lose its brain entirely. On the advice of another poster, I updated Java and my problems went away.

Dugehong

Jul 29, 2019
Try updating java to 1.7u51. Last night I could not get the launcher to connect and download the Monster 109 update, then finally launcher seemed to just lose its brain entirely. On the advice of another poster, I updated Java and my problems went away.
I'll give it a try, thank you!

Dugehong

Jul 29, 2019
Well, on the bright side, ftblauncher.jar is working now.
This doesn't change anything as it, just like .exe, gets stuck on "loading mods from modpacks.xml".
I tried on an untouched laptop, to download the FTB launcher, and it has the exact same issue.
Is there a possibility something could be up serverside?