Stuck in different dimension

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

alexraptor50

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm stuck in a different dimension without a linking book. And i can't find the cavern with the portal at the bottom. How do I get back to the overworld?

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to cheat (or not able to) your options are to:
- Find the book you placed when you first entered the world (if you placed down any)
- Find a star fissure (big hole to the void)
- Find materials for making more worlds in the hope of finding a world with a star fissure.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
You mean you DON'T keep an emergency linking-book-home in an ender chest? :p

I used to do this, but one time I went into a mystcraft age without my pouch, another time (same week) I went into one with the pouch and spawned on a platform in the air and fell and died in the void in a pretty shitty age, wasn't fun asking for a TP back a few times in the one week :p

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You might need to stick around until you can make another ender chest to access the contents...

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
or I think a nether portal works, or if your on a server then ask an OP for a teleport.

Nah, nether portals don't work in ages (Tried to build one a few days ago and spent about half an hour trying to get it to light before remembering I was in an age...)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian should be available in most ages. An eye of ender to finish crafting an ender chest is going to be problematic: Killing an enderman is the easy part - its the blaze powder necessary to convert the ender pearl... without access to the nether, THAT is the chocking point with my ultimate get-out-of-jail card.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian should be available in most ages. An eye of ender to finish crafting an ender chest is going to be problematic: Killing an enderman is the easy part - its the blaze powder necessary to convert the ender pearl... without access to the nether, THAT is the chocking point with my ultimate get-out-of-jail card.

I found in 1.5 that enough things needed Blaze Rods/Powder that I started carrying a few with me wherever I went, just in case I needed them and didn't want to have to run all the way back to my base. :p

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
The Soulbound enchant from Ars Magica 2 is obtainable by enchanting a spellbook and then putting it in a MFR disenchanter.

This will cause an item (like a pouch) to follow you after death.

The Divine Intervention spell effect is also really useful for getting out of trouble.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The Soulbound enchant from Ars Magica 2 is obtainable by enchanting a spellbook and then putting it in a MFR disenchanter.

This will cause an item (like a pouch) to follow you after death.

The Divine Intervention spell effect is also really useful for getting out of trouble.
You can just enchant books until you get the soul bound enchant too, IIRC, but nice to hear that MFR is still pretty awesome.

You can also get a item with soulbound already on it without massive amounts of work... assuming you know how to reach the Cow level.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
The cheaty way, if you're on single player, and can't get any commands to work: spawn in a linking book, then NBT edit the book in your inventory to DIM 1 (believe it's dimension 1).

Just out of curiosity, what can you get from the cow level? All I ever get is thaumcraft dungeons, nodes, and alot of hurt from poleaxes. (feel free to spoiler plz).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The cheaty way, if you're on single player, and can't get any commands to work: spawn in a linking book, then NBT edit the book in your inventory to DIM 1 (believe it's dimension 1).

Just out of curiosity, what can you get from the cow level? All I ever get is thaumcraft dungeons, nodes, and alot of hurt from poleaxes. (feel free to spoiler plz).
Horns! Seriously, using a MFR Disenchanter it's much the same as the "enchant a spellbook then disenchant to get soulbound" advice from above, except they also have fire aspect 3(IIRC).
Nothing amazing, no, but seriously, there IS a Cow Layer, guys!

Reactions: loboca

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I never got a drop from the cows. Maybe that was an old version that didn't have the drops..? no idea.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I never got a drop from the cows. Maybe that was an old version that didn't have the drops..? no idea.
No idea. It's not a common drop I think(never been there myself, honestly), but it's still dropped by them.