Stuck in between 2 Mystcraft Portals

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

i think i made a huge mistake, by setting up 2 Mystcraft Portals. Sadly i put the spawnpoints within both portals. Now it is sending me back and forth and i can't seem to get out of it. Button-Smashing doesn't work, i tried it ^^
Is there any way to get me out of this loop?

Cheers ;)

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
MCEdit and delete one of the crystals bordering a portal?

Or perhaps deleting one of the ages it is jumping you to?
Obviously back up the world before trying either though.

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the search function, but didn't find anything.

Is it multiplayer? /tp [yourusername] [friendsusername]

No its singleplayer, but cheats is enabled. Im using Direwolfs Pack and im able to write stuff in singleplayer (Hit Enter and the chat thingy opens... ).

MCEdit and delete one of the crystals bordering a portal?

Or perhaps deleting one of the ages it is jumping you to?
Obviously back up the world before trying either though.

I never tried MCEdit, i have no idea how it works and i'm not good with that kind of stuff, i always seem to break stuff ;-)
The Portal is between the Overworld and Nether, so thats no Option since i already built a lot of stuff in both dimensions.

Is there maybe a away to move the place where the player spawns when joining a game?
I already tried the player.dat but it only says "Spawn X" "Spawn Z" .... but it doesn't seem to work with that, im still stuck in the portals.
Thanks guys so far, any more ideas?

Cheers

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so i tried the MCEdit Method from earlier and it worked! I'm actually surprised at how easy it was. I just deleted one block of Crystal surrounding the portal and when i logged back in minecraft everything was good.
Awesome.

Thanks and good night :)

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
It changed some of the mod blocks to "Cracked Sand". But it was only like 3-4 blocks of crystal.

Z32

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is super late
Multiplayer server:
restore the player file ([your username].dat) from a recent backup. Just another reason to frequently back up.
Also having another player break the book receptacle while the stuck player is offline, however it took multiple tries for some reason.
Lesson learned. Don't put your linking book coordinates on the portal. Lol!