Stubborn Thaumcraft 3 Nodes - Good, bad? Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was in my temporary main world, growing silverwood trees to increase the size of my pure node. While I was doing that, right before I hit the 1,000 aura mark, a seperate node formed, and that node is refusing to move. It has only 53 aura, and I can't seem to merge anything else with it. It also seems to be invisible, or atleast hard to find, so pictures aren't going to be very helpful. Suggestions?

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
silktouch or gravity gun some shard ores and put them near the node. It'll drain them and recharge it's vis so it can do stuff again.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
if you cant see it then it might be underground. Do some stuff with your goggles on and watch for the little dots of energy that get sent from near by nodes and you can see what direction it is.

You can also use the magic compass thingy. But being so tiny it might not point to it.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood trees use aura to grow so they don't create more aura, they move it around a bit. As for your invisible mini-node, in the next version of TC you will be able to move it around.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
if there is no vis in the node (ie. 0/1000) it will not show a node because the node size depends on the current amount of vis in the aura not the total

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood trees use aura to grow so they don't create more aura, they move it around a bit. As for your invisible mini-node, in the next version of TC you will be able to move it around.

Yes and no. If you grow a tree the amount lost from nodes around it does not add up to the amount of the new node. Also it does not seem to lower all the nodes all the time. My frist TC world I was mucking about with the trees and got a home crafted node up to 1000/1000 with no impact on the nodes around my base.

I would love to see someone dig into the code on this and get a a good answer on just how and when vis/nodes do what they do.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no. If you grow a tree the amount lost from nodes around it does not add up to the amount of the new node. Also it does not seem to lower all the nodes all the time. My frist TC world I was mucking about with the trees and got a home crafted node up to 1000/1000 with no impact on the nodes around my base.

I would love to see someone dig into the code on this and get a a good answer on just how and when vis/nodes do what they do.
i guess your 1000 node was continuously recharging from shard ores in the ground. When aura in node gets low it turns a shard ore into dull shard ore and replenishes. Also when node get big it doesnt get aura from smaller nodes.