Strange problem... Could use a hand :)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I've got a laptop (just a 'simple' one, not for gaming), and I am playing Minecraft FTB. It works fine, except for some lags (as I said, its not meant for gaming :) ).
Besides the laptop, I've got a nice computer, fine for gaming. I can play Minecraft Vanilla and Tekkit without a problem, but FTB isn't working here for me.

When I press the download button to download a modpack (Direwolf or Minecrack, doesn't matter wich one I'm trying), a new window gives me the message 'Downloading mod pack... Please wait.'. "But nothing happens. Not even a single error report, nothing. After 30 min, the 'download bar' is still at 0%.

I've turned off my firewall, deleted and reinstalled everything for over 20 times, but nothing seems to help. I can play FTB at my simple laptop, but I can't play FTB at my quadcore 4GB RAM computer...

I've posted a ticket at the 'support' site, but appereantly no one wants to help, I guess. :c (sad creeper face)

Thanks for your attention,
Dolin

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So some step to think about before we get to the meat and patatos.....

1. Is your Java updated to the latest version? Use the 64bit version if your computer OS is 64bit. (Macs need to still use Java 6)
  2. Backup any world saves you might want later
  3. Delete everything FTB related on your computer
  4. FTB install folder (where the modpacks would be stored)
  5. FTBLauncher folder
  6. The launcher itself.
  7. Re-download the launcher
  8. On the first run it will ask you where to install it... Type "C:\FTB\"
  9. Try to download the modpack and play.
If it is still not working, Please post any logs that are created to pastebin and link to them here. :)

Dolin

Jul 29, 2019
So some step to think about before we get to the meat and patatos.....

1. Is your Java updated to the latest version? Use the 64bit version if your computer OS is 64bit. (Macs need to still use Java 6)
  2. Backup any world saves you might want later
  3. Delete everything FTB related on your computer
  4. FTB install folder (where the modpacks would be stored)
  5. FTBLauncher folder
  6. The launcher itself.
  7. Re-download the launcher
  8. On the first run it will ask you where to install it... Type "C:\FTB\"
  9. Try to download the modpack and play.
If it is still not working, Please post any logs that are created to pastebin and link to them here. :)

Hello Mr. Geek,

Thanks for your reply :). I did all the things above. Unfortunatly, I've still got the same problem.

I've got the pastebin here (the link):
http://pastebin.com/QUPrYFBQ

As you can see, I can log in, but the problem starts at the point of downloading (http://www.creeperrepo.net) This was a 'fresh' install btw.

Greetings,

Dolin

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
[11:32:01] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:162: Java version: 1.7.0_06

You need to update your Java. Then try again. :)

I've uninstalled java, and downloaded the latest version (7, update 15, 64 bit)
Still not working...

I don't get it. It works fine at my laptop. Arrgh

Furball75

Jul 29, 2019
disable your anti virus then try to download it again ,some anti viruses will stop it from downloading and try a different download location ( in the ftb launcher go to options then advance and choose a different location to download from )

Reactions: Dolin

Dolin

Jul 29, 2019
disable your anti virus then try to download it again ,some anti viruses will stop it from downloading and try a different download location ( in the ftb launcher go to options then advance and choose a different location to download from )

Nope, still not working :(

Dolin

Jul 29, 2019
I found my problem.

It was AVG antivirus... Had to completely uninstall the program.
Thanks for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.