Windows .exe Strange FTB problem I've encountered in the past few days.

ChieftainCarter

Dec 30, 2013
MI, USA
(OS AND JAVA VERSION ARE AT THE TOP OF THE PASTEBIN THREAD)
As of yesterday evening, I've been having problems downloading anything from the FTB launcher whatsoever. I'll leave a pastebin link for anyone willing to help me at the end of the message. Anyways, I've been wanting to update to the new versions of the modpacks, and I haven't been able to download anything new since 1.0.11 of Direwolf20 for example. I tried a clean install about three times in the past two days, changed directories of where FTB was located, and even ran certain commands into my computer like ipconfig /flushdns, /renew, and /release even to clear my caches, and still the same big error messages appears on my console in startup. I also considered that possibly my antivirus (Norton Internet Security, not Norton 360), had been causing to block downloads from the FTB servers, but has never been a problem of mine in the last 2 years I've been playing FTB. Hopefully someone can help me out, or I'll probably not be able to play FTB for ages. Thanks for your support, I hope there's a solution.

-Carter

Here's the link to the pastebin by the way:
http://pastebin.com/b040ktiR

Last edited:

ChieftainCarter

Dec 30, 2013
MI, USA
Also, one important thing I forgot to mention: before I had done my first clean install, and fiddled with the rest of the things later, I couldn't set where I would like my download location for the closest server I was near. It was just set as "Automatic," and was the only choice available in the drop-down. When I went to play a pack and try to update it, it would try to, but wouldn't actually install the update. Instead it would "go into backup mode" or something that I kind of remember seeing in the console and load the older current version I already had. Just thought I shouldn't leave that out either. Again, thanks for any feedback.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
[INFO] LaunchFrame.main:198: OS: amd64 Windows 8 6.2
[INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:115: The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
[INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:118: Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:118: Java Version: 1.7.0_10 sorted as: 1.7.0_10 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:140: Preferred: Java Version: 1.7.0_10 sorted as: 1.7.0_10 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Welcome. You updated your 32bit version of Java not your 64bit version. The launcher will prefer the 64bit version even if it is older so you can allocate more memory. Please follow this basic troubleshooting guide carefully and precisely to get ensure that everything is fresh, installed correctly and you have the latest Java and launcher. As for the connection error please check here for windows 8 specifics and possible fix.