Strange fps problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Alexandr_sym

After I've installed shaders and started Minecraft I discovered one thing:When I set render distance to tiny in OptiFine my GPU is about 40% loaded, but on Extreme load is less than 10%. So FPS gets from ~50-60 on Far to about 20 on Extreme. Java assigned to use discrete GPU and updated to last version. No bottlenecking (CPU is from ~70 to 40% loaded) or Intel HD Grafics driver discovered. Also have more than enough RAM assigned. After a day of searching the net I haven't found a solution. How can it be fixed?
PC specs
Core I5 4460
GTX 970
8Gb RAM
Win10
Thanks!
And also sorry for my English if something is wrong.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
@Alexandr_sym you need to install nvidia drivers.
Intel ones will not be used when a dedicated graphics card is used
did you allocate 4GB of ram in the FTB Launcher settings?
Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

A

Alexandr_sym

@Alexandr_sym you need to install nvidia drivers.
Intel ones will not be used when a dedicated graphics card is used
did you allocate 4GB of ram in the FTB Launcher settings?
I have them installed. As I said my only working GPU is GTX 970. Also monitor is plugged directly into it. And yes, I have 4,5 GB RAM allocated.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
okay.... so it is probably something in the minecraft world or log that is lagging up the place.

A

Alexandr_sym

okay.... so it is probably something in the minecraft world or log that is lagging up the place.

If it can help I can send some screenshots of tests when I get home (probably about one or two hours).

A

Alexandr_sym

sure!

These two are on tiny
PS
Afterburner is showing CPU load
Снимок экрана (42).png
Снимок экрана (43).png

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (42).png
    Снимок экрана (42).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
hmm I dont see anything abnormal... but from my understanding shaders also use a lot of cpu to do all the fancy stuff. Do you have the fps capped at Vsync?