Stopping the constant on-off with an MFSU

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CosmicThing2

Jul 29, 2019
Had this 'problem' for a little while now and am unsure what I can do about it, I'm using the latest version of Unleashed.

Problem is as follows: I have an MFSU recieving more power than it's giving out to my ic2 machines, I'm also connecting up a Nuclear reactor to this MFSU and using Buildcraft gates to determine when there's space in the MFSU for energy which will then turn on the reactor.

However, what happens is that the redstone signal from this gate is constantly turning on and off because the MFSU is constantly going between full and a little bit of space (due to the energy it's just given to the ic2 machines).

I don't really want a reactor that's forever going onoffonoffonoffonoff and so is there a way I can deal with this? Is there any mod that would help me add some sort of a delay to stop this or maybe via another method?

Cheers

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block called a storage monitor in unleashed. It is under teh Advanced Power Management mod tab in NEI. You make it and a link card. Click the link card on your mfsu and put it in the storage monitor. You set a max and min value in the gui and it outputs redstone signal. For instance, it is set at 90/60 to start i think. When mfsu hits lower limit, signal turns on and stays on til it hits the upper limit.

Reactions: RedBoss and loboca