Stoneblock 3 NTB tag too big, disconnect from server whenever going back to home base. Possibly armory block from FS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Dynamic

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening,

I tried to look up log files, not sure where to look. I was playing on a private server that I run from a local network. Version 1.2.1 Stoneblock 3

I was out in the world doing dungeons / killing the mother silverfish, upon returning home through the temp pad I got disconnected from my own dedicated server with an error message stating.

"internal exception: io. netty. handler. codec. decoderexception: java. lang. runtimeexception: tried to read nbt tag that was too big" (Hope this doesn't constitute a link I tried spacing it out so that it didn't see as a link) there was more text, stating that it exceeded the limit of some arbitrary large number, by like 7 bits.

I loaded from backup, it let me back in the world, but if I tried returning home with temp pad/ hearthstone it gave me the same message.

Loaded from backup again, tried walking back to base. as soon as I got within 500 blocks of my base it gave me the same message.

After doing a little bit of troubleshooting (removing mods one at a time) It looks like it is most likely functional storage causing this, could this be that the armory block got too filled from my mob farm? Is there a way to remove the armory block through files / commands? After removing the mod from the server, then restarting, I was able to go back into my base (lost everything in storages obviously). It did let me back into my base at this point though.

For the time being I am loading from an earlier backup and removing the armory block from my mob farm.

Wanted to bring some visibility to this, in case it needs to be addressed / other players that may have the same issue. I am not positive that it is the armory block, but I am guessing that it is, due to it being able to store many non-stackable items from a mob farm, and that the server let me load in once I removed the functional storage mod.