Whitelist Server Stjerncraft | FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 | Europe | [FEW BANNED ITEMS]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
StjernCraft

Stjerncraft is a new Feed The Beast Unleashed server that we created after getting tired of servers who often were offline, or simply not providing a playing experience we wanted.

spawn_tree_2.jpg

Server Info:
The server is running with a 3.4Ghz Quad Core CPU, 32GB Ram and 2TB hard drive space.
IP: server.stjerncraft.com
Server Location: Paris, France
Difficulty level: Hard

One of our goals is to be as user friendly as possible for players new to multiplayer servers, and FTB in general.
We know that when you first start playing on a modded server, with a thousand plugins, it might be a bit hard ot get a grasp on all the commands, so we are writing a guide that will try to explain everything on the server, including:
-How to set up FTB
-How to set up claims
-How to protect blocks not fully protected by claims
-How to communicate
-Player shops
and more. These are still a Work in Progress, but you can check them out here:
StjernCraft Guides
We have the intro guides written and ready to go =)

Unfortunately we have had to ban some items that bypass the claims protection or causes server problems.
Here is a list of the banned items:
  • Gravity Gun (Creates ghost blocks)
  • Wand of Equal Trade (Bypasses claims)
  • Builder (Bypasses claims and is buggy)
  • Most explosives: Nuke, Industrial TNT(iTNT), Dynamite etc.(Bypasses claims)(Normal TNT is allowed)
  • Mystcraft age creation(Book binder is banned) (Creates lag)
  • Trade-o-Mat (Crashes server when used)
You can find a more detailed list with more explanation here:
StjernCraft Restricted Items

Mining World:
We have set up a Mining World/Age where you are allowed to use machines like Quarries, Mining Turtles and Arcane Bore.

Train Stations:
Another common problem we wanted to address, are starting out in a world filled with players, and finding a place to build.
For this we are attempting to build a Miningcart network that can quickly and safely take you far away from spawn.
We will be expanding and adding to this network over time, and maybe use it to show of player constructions.
post_train.png

Our goal with this server is to provide a bit for everyone to do. Like to build? Stay in the overworld, make your claim an build away.
Want to explore? No problem, choose a direction and keep walking.
Want to mine everything? Go to the mining world.
Need destruction with PvP? Well... we are working on getting up a PvP world =) but you can enable PvP by writing /pvp on the server.

Sound like a fun server to join?
Just fill out the whitelist application below
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!):
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?:
  • Why do you want to join this server?:
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?:
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?:
Both we and the server are located in Europe, so don't expect us to accept(or decline) your application in the middle of the night GMT.
Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you online =)

nart

Jul 29, 2019
U got the Gravi gun and half the wands banned also the mining laser too much man too much :(

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
U got the Gravi gun and half the wands banned also the mining laser too much man too much :(

Sorry, unfortunately they are simply to dangerous to be allowed at the moment. I hear that the Gravitation gun has a bug that can leave ghost blocks, but I will look more into that, maybe allowing it to be enabled.
As for the Mining Laser and the wands, they are definitively able to bypass any protection and logging, making it possible for griefers to have a field day with them.

We are working on some server side code that will allow us the re-enable these, hopefully soon =)

bbluebull12

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name:Bluebull12
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast: ftb for 4 months and i have played normal mc for 2 years
  • Why do you want to join this server:Because i want to join a server that has a nice community that has nice people and i have been looking for a good server for along time now.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so,Nope
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server:Yes i have.

Å tef

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name: d4be4st
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast: MC since alpha, FTB since the beginning
  • Why do you want to join this server: Because its fresh, and i would like a clean slate. Also its in europe, so as little lag as possible :)
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? Nope
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server: Yes, and i accpet.

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name: d4be4st
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast: MC since alpha, FTB since the beginning
  • Why do you want to join this server: Because its fresh, and i would like a clean slate. Also its in europe, so as little lag as possible :)
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? Nope
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server: Yes, and i accpet.
You have been whitelisted! Welcome to the server =)

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!) : Gralad
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast? : vanilla since late 2010 / modded since early 2011 / FTB since it first appeared as a map not a modpack
  • Why do you want to join this server? : i am currently looking for a new server since the old one i played on for roughly 8 months seemes to have vanished, the ones ive tested so far have had horrible block lag due to inexperienced admins that did not know what are the biggest causes for this and did not want to believe other experienced people that tried to help what the cause was and how to fix it.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why? no never.
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server? yes and i accept them.

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!) : Gralad
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast? : vanilla since late 2010 / modded since early 2011 / FTB since it first appeared as a map not a modpack
  • Why do you want to join this server? : i am currently looking for a new server since the old one i played on for roughly 8 months seemes to have vanished, the ones ive tested so far have had horrible block lag due to inexperienced admins that did not know what are the biggest causes for this and did not want to believe other experienced people that tried to help what the cause was and how to fix it.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why? no never.
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server? yes and i accept them.

You have been whitelisted, welcome to the server =)
Block lag is indeed the worst king of lag, makes it impossible to play =( We will do our very best to run a clean 20 TPS, and hunt out any sources of lag =)

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
You have been whitelisted, welcome to the server =)
Block lag is indeed the worst king of lag, makes it impossible to play =( We will do our very best to run a clean 20 TPS, and hunt out any sources of lag =)

yes it indeed is and i dont even need a clean 20tps, there will be issues i know that already from playing so long on modded servers all i want is not needing to mine a block 10 times before i get it and if that happens some action should be taken, seeing you banned flowing water is already a big plus many dont believe that this can be one of the main issues.

avinash

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?av1nash
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?vanilla since alpha/modded since 2 years/ftb since ftb beta pack A :p
  • Why do you want to join this server?i am looking for a new ftb unleashed server and here i am
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?nope
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?yes i accept

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?av1nash
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?vanilla since alpha/modded since 2 years/ftb since ftb beta pack A :p
  • Why do you want to join this server?i am looking for a new ftb unleashed server and here i am
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?nope
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?yes i accept
You have been whitelisted, welcome to the server =D

ze_gnoom

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!): gnoompinguin
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?: MC= 3 years FTB= uuhhmmmm, january?
  • Why do you want to join this server?: Because I play FTB. And Im pretty good at it if I say so myself.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?: Once, because I accidentally killed the owner (my friend) in Spleef
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?: Yes, and I accept them

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!): gnoompinguin
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?: MC= 3 years FTB= uuhhmmmm, january?
  • Why do you want to join this server?: Because I play FTB. And Im pretty good at it if I say so myself.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?: Once, because I accidentally killed the owner (my friend) in Spleef
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?: Yes, and I accept them
You have been whitelisted, and welcome ye be to the server ;)

truewolfhell

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!): truewolfhell
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?: I'm playing Minecraft since alpha and ftb since 4 months
  • Why do you want to join this server?: Because single player is boring and I want to try the multiplayer to have some fun with other people
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?: No
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?: Yes

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name?(Not E-Mail)(Case sensitive!): truewolfhell
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast?: I'm playing Minecraft since alpha and ftb since 4 months
  • Why do you want to join this server?: Because single player is boring and I want to try the multiplayer to have some fun with other people
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? If so, Why?: No
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server?: Yes
You have been whitelisted, welcome to the server :cool:

mattiaswallin

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name: Aladauz
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast: More or less a year, bit longer, FTB tha majority of that
  • Why do you want to join this server: Because its fresh, and I am from europe which will hopefully make it active at my gaming times.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? Never
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server: Yes, I accept. :)

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
  • What is you minecraft in-game name: Aladauz
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? How long have you been playing Feed The Beast: More or less a year, bit longer, FTB tha majority of that
  • Why do you want to join this server: Because its fresh, and I am from europe which will hopefully make it active at my gaming times.
  • Have you ever been banned from a Minecraft server before? Never
  • Have you read, and accept the rules for playing on this server: Yes, I accept. :)

You have been added to the whitelist. Welcome to the server :D

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to post a quick update on what has happened on the server so far.

We had a quite good launch week, getting some larger groups of players initially, though it has died down a bit since(As expected).
We have expanded the rail network a bit, though it's nowhere near complete yet.

We have opened for voting and donations. Voting for the server gives you a server point, that you can use at the spawn shop.
In the spawn shop you can buy a Spot Loader quite easily after voting a few days, while the Chunk loaders it a bit out of reach unless you donate. The reason for this is that Chunk Loaders can add a significant load on the server, so if you help out the server, you get more from it, something we think sounds reasonable. Without this the server would quickly bog down with Chunk loaders running everywhere.

On that note, so far the server hasn't been under much load. At ~10 players online the CPU usage of one core can jump up to 20%, with the TPS never dipping below 19.999.
We have also created an in-house admin tool that will allow us to quickly identify not only what chunks are using CPU time on the server, but if it's Block updates(Water), Entities(Mobs and animals) or Tile Entities(Machines).
(Image inside spoiler)
chunksam1.jpg
In the image you can see that I counts the Min, Avg and Max number of items updated per tick, and the percentage of time used.

If we choose to we can also look at more details on a single chunk, providing us with the name(or block id) of the top 5 items, with the percentage showing how much of the time of the chunk is used on them.
(Image inside spoiler)
chunksam2.jpg
In the image above you see for example that the selected chunk is using ~1% of the cpu time, and that is the most time consuming chunk on the server. And all of that time is used on Tile Entities, with the Apiary using 15% of those 1%.

Other than that we have had 2 crashes, resulting in about 30 minutes of downtime, and a few minor problems like XP loss when changing dimensions, that have been fixed.

There are still unfortunately a few items that are still banned due to bypassing the Grief Prevention, like the Mining Laser and Wands. We are however working on getting a server-side fix that will allow us to un-ban them, hopefully soon.

We are still open for whitelist applications, and I hope that you will consider our server =)

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
Time for another update.
We promised early on that we would make a server patch to allow us to unban many of the banned items, and that is what we have done now.
Here is a list of the items that have been unbanned:
  • Mining Turtles (Now allowed in all worlds)
  • Steve's Carts Railer(So now everything with them should be enabled except Chunk loader)
  • Tunnel Bore
  • Mining Laser( Still resource heavy, don't go all "Wild West" with it)
  • Vajra
  • Wand of Excavation
  • Wand of Frost
  • Filler
Please note however, that we consider this update to be in a beta stage, meaning there might be bugs or downtime if we need to fix something.

We will also mention that we are still open for whitelist applications =)