Stepping back into Modded... Pack suggestion?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't played for a while.. Did Sky Factory 3 and crushed it.. Went to Beyond and crushed it too fast.. I started Revelation, but listening to DireWolf in the background, I heard Twilight Forest was out for 1.12 and it's not in the pack (unfortunately found out 2 or 3 hours into gameplay). I figure I better just ask, which pack is the "all the things" pack people are using now? I want Twilight Forest in it along with all (or most) of the mods in Revelations/Direwolf20 pack.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
There's All the Mods for all the things. I think the latest FTB is Revelations, but I'm not sure if that's a kitchen sink pack or not.

Most of us are waiting for Continuum, which is the 1.12 answer to infinity evolved expert mode. I think they said a beta might be out in the next few weeks (I don't know when exactly, there's a post in the latest news thread)

Reactions: Alcheya

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hey, I might try that one out. That's an angle I had been looking for lately...

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I'll try that "All the Mods" pack. I prefer to stick to official FTB packs, but I guess I need to expand to get what I want. I mentioned that I tried Revelations, but the lack of Twilight Forest (used to be the standard for every pack) isn't in there. The Polychromatic World is more of a magic-based pack, while I still want everything Tech as well. ^_^

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
oops, sorry, when you mentioned direwolf in regards to revelations, my brain put you in the latest direwolf pack.

You guys watch these walkthroughs as you play these packs? Doesn't that ruin things? Asking out of actual ignorance, not being judgy. I've always enjoyed figuring the packs out as I go and only look stuff up when I get stuck.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
oops, sorry, when you mentioned direwolf in regards to revelations, my brain put you in the latest direwolf pack.

You guys watch these walkthroughs as you play these packs? Doesn't that ruin things? Asking out of actual ignorance, not being judgy. I've always enjoyed figuring the packs out as I go and only look stuff up when I get stuck.

I've been playing with most of these mods (or their predecessors) long enough that there really isn't anything surprising or hidden in them, going back to the tekkit days. I can get from start to endgame fast enough without any intervention. I just let videos go in the background for noise and sometimes I hear about something I'm interested in exploring, usually new mods I would have never touched if I didn't hear about it in the background. Mods like Botania would have never been on my radar without them.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I threw a Direwolf LP on once on a second TV while I was playing. It actually got me to consider making the DE reactor some day, so that totally makes sense. I thought people were actually following along and doing everything they do as they do it.

Reactions: Alcheya

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I threw a Direwolf LP on once on a second TV while I was playing. It actually got me to consider making the DE reactor some day, so that totally makes sense. I thought people were actually following along and doing everything they do as they do it.

Ah, yea.. He does give his worlds for download, so I imagine there is a younger crowd that follows them to the letter. I definitely don't find any enjoyment to be had there, but to each their own. I don't think I've ever been on the same page as he is while listening to his videos, usually doing something completely different. Funnily enough, I don't know what most of his bases, builds, etc.. look like since I'm usually just listening and not watching. :p