Steampunk Modpack in Progress

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I am putting together a steampunk-themed modpack based on FTB Monster. I know similar things have been done, but they are usually incomplete or don't sell the steampunk theme I'm looking for.

The modpack will not be distributed in any way, other than to my close friends. But I was wondering if anyone else was looking for something like this, or if you had any suggestions.

This modpack probably won't be finished until my new computer arrives sometime in June, but until then I can just plan and stuff.

I want the modpack to have a good mix between Victorian-era exploration and discovery, industrial-age machinery, plenty of aesthetic options, and fantasy magitek. I have attempted to address these needs using the following mods:

Tech Mods:
Thermal Expansion (For cool machines and cross-mod energy compatibility.)

Buildcraft (For pipes, quarries, and cool automation. Lots of addons too.)

Resonant Induction (For gears, windmills, Tesla coils, and tier-based tech.)

MineFactory Reloaded (For the machines, pollution, and cool building blocks.)

Redstone Arsenal, Modular Powersuits (I imagine the tools and armor as being bronze and steam-powered. xD)

Railcraft, Steve's Carts (Steam power FTW. Railroads are nice too.)

Translocators (A must-have for tech mods.)

Magic Mods:
Thaumcraft 4 (For cool, steampunky magitek. Lots of addons are also included.)

Twilight Forest (Cool exploration element, plus some neat utilities and items.)

Xeno's Relinquary (Guns, magic, potions, tech. Awesome.)

World Generation:
Natura (For cool trees, plants, and farming potential. LOVE the clouds.)

Roguelike Dungeons, Better Dungeons, Battle Towers (For exploration in the name of science!)

Biomes o' Plenty, Alternate Terrain Generation (For a better world.)

Wasteland Generator (Disabled by default, lets you survive in a steampunk apocalypse!)

Aesthetic Mods:
Bibliocraft, Better Storage, Iron Chests, JABBA (For bookshelves, backpacks, and cool storage options.)

Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel, Artifice, OpenBlocks (For expanded aesthetic options, my favorite part of Minecraft. Factory Blocks are AMAZING.)

Mr. Crayfish's Furniture (Furniture. Pretty cool.)

CraftHeraldry (To create your own banners, and forge your own path through the unknown!)

More Paintings (Decorate your walls as never before!)

Statues (So your legacy will never be forgotten.)

GarageDoors (To keep your (insert steampunk thing here) private and protected.)

Project Red: Integration, Transmission, Exploration, Illumiation, Compatibility (For advanced redstone, lamp, and microblocks.)

Gameplay:
NotEnoughItems, InventoryTweaks, Rei's Minimap, DamageIndicators, NotEnoughKeys, Map Writer, ChickenChunks, CoFH Core, iChunUtil, PowerCrystals Core, Calclavia Core, Chat Bubbles, Enchanting+ (Nothing new here. I'm probably missisng some core mods though.)

Hats, MCCapes, More Player Models (Be who you are and say what you feel, and all that. Anyone else wish they were a pink centaur with an afro? There you go.)

Miscellaneous:
Enhanced Portals (Traveling through time and space in style.)

Emasher Resource (For more cool ores and algae.)

Archimedes' Ships (Airships, boats, and elevators!)

Gravity Gun, Ender Storage, Extra Utilities, Dartcraft (Very useful and fun to play with. Have a semi-magitek theme.)

Britishcraft (Tea, top hats, and trousers. Top of the morning to you!)

Flan's Mod: World War II, Simple Parts, Ye Olde, Modern Weapons (WWI-era guns, tanks, and weapons.)

What do you think?

Last edited:

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
as long as it incorporates glimmars steampunk texture pack. i believe theres still a steamboat mod out that added airships and steam powered boats into the game.

Reactions: abculatter_2

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I did consider adding that mod (among other steampunk ones like Steamcraft and Zaede's Steamworks) but I like AS better and it does its job.
As for GS, I have no plans for it (I actually don't like it much) since the vast majority of these mods don't have support.

Reactions: steve g

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy, for a bit of TC/TE crossover?
There's also somewhere a little mod for Reliquary and Thaumcraft that turns the former's items into Thaumonomicon researches.
Soul Shards - if you've got MFR, the only difference is you've got to supply it's spawner with Mob Essence. Combine it with ExtraUtils (if you had it) and the Cursed Earth therein, set up an MFR grinder to eat them, and you've got all the Mob Essence you want.

If it's all bronze and steam-powered... recolour that powersuit for it in the cosmetic interface!

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy, for a bit of TC/TE crossover?
There's also somewhere a little mod for Reliquary and Thaumcraft that turns the former's items into Thaumonomicon researches.
Soul Shards - if you've got MFR, the only difference is you've got to supply it's spawner with Mob Essence. Combine it with ExtraUtils (if you had it) and the Cursed Earth therein, set up an MFR grinder to eat them, and you've got all the Mob Essence you want.

If it's all bronze and steam-powered... recolour that powersuit for it in the cosmetic interface!
Technomancy is in there, among other addons. The Relinquary one is there too.
I've decided to remove Soul Shards in favor of MFR, JABBA, and Extra Utilities.[DOUBLEPOST=1395753654][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed Forestry.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was gonna slap you for not including RotaryCraft for its gears, but at least you have Resonant Induction. Its not steampunk without gears :)

I'll definitely check this out if the pack functions with the non-steamy magic stuff removed. Its not steampunk with magic!

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna slap you for not including RotaryCraft for its gears, but at least you have Resonant Induction. Its not steampunk without gears :)

I'll definitely check this out if the pack functions with the non-steamy magic stuff removed. Its not steampunk with magic!
I like the magic. Thaumcraft is kind of steampunky I think, in its own way :) Magitek FTW
Pls don't slap me :( RotaryCraft is too high-tech I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1395772436][/DOUBLEPOST]
If for nothing else, you need Tinker's Construct for the aluminum brass blocks. I like making micro-block catwalks out of them.
I am still considering it, and I love the mod, but I'm not sure if it belongs in this pack.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pls don't slap me :( RotaryCraft is too high-tech I think.
heheh I have to confess, if the right "look" is important, and you have to choose a gears mod, you probably picked the right one. RotaryCraft is somehow old-fashioned tech (gears) with high-tech metals and gloss.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
I did consider adding that mod (among other steampunk ones like Steamcraft and Zaede's Steamworks) but I like AS better and it does its job.
As for GS, I have no plans for it (I actually don't like it much) since the vast majority of these mods don't have support.
true, but the way GS turns vanilla mobs into mechanical nightmares...its too cool. look at what it does to the wolf ;)

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
One mod you could look into adding that add's more plant life is the plant mega pack
It add's a lot of new plant life, no not talking trees, but flowers and other plants that really bring the world to life.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
One mod you could look into adding that add's more plant life is the plant mega pack
It add's a lot of new plant life, no not talking trees, but flowers and other plants that really bring the world to life.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think Natura and BoP together add enough plants already though.[DOUBLEPOST=1396008986][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was thinking that, but I can seem to find Psychedelicraft for 1.6.4
It's compatible with 1.7.2, so I would think there would be a 1.6.4 version.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I looked into it, and there are downloads for 1.5 and earlier versions, and for 1.7