Steam Support

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cheest

Jul 29, 2019
If this isn't the right sub, let me know.

For vanilla Minecraft, I launch from Steam. I followed a tutorial which instructed me to set Java as a non-steam game and then edit the path to look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Users\Admin\Minecraft\Minecraft.exe"

So, I thought it would be nice to launch Feed the Beast from steam aswell. I followed all the same steps, but added the FTB launcher path in place of the Minecraft launcher path. It looked like this:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Users\Admin\FTB\FTB_Launcher.jar"
I tried using the jar and exe launcher, neither worked. Instead, they open the vanilla Minecraft launcher.
Anyone know a fix?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the library, click the "Add Game" button in the bottom right, and then select the FTB launcher. Mind you, it still wont work properly.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
From the Steam Library, click the "Add a game" button in the lower left, browse to wherever you have "FTB_Launcher.exe" and add it to the library; no need to muck about with the java business. I'll confess I have no idea why you'd want to add the additional overhead of Steam on top of Minecraft, but to each his own =)

Edit: Ninja'd by Exedra :p However, it seems to work fine for me.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
From the Steam Library, click the "Add a game" button in the lower left, browse to wherever you have "FTB_Launcher.exe" and add it to the library; no need to muck about with the java business. I'll confess I have no idea why you'd want to add the additional overhead of Steam on top of Minecraft, but to each his own =)

Edit: Ninja'd by Exedra :p However, it seems to work fine for me.
It does, but it wont show as you playing it, because it switches to a different window, so it won't say you're ingame.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
It does, but it wont show as you playing it, because it switches to a different window, so it won't say you're ingame.
Oh, so by "won't work properly" you mean doesn't add Steam support (like friends lists and whatnot). I get it now, and see why the op might want to actually do that. It's getting late and I've had a few. That's the excuse I'm going with.

thezeronumber

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to play FTB and have the shift+tab from Steam work. I will be watching this topic with baited breath!

brendan10211

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for resurrecting this post, but i'd like to see at least partial steam support too. Maybe the launcher could just sit in the background telling steam that the user is in game. That's really all I'd like to see. The shift tab would be nice, but Notch spoke about steam and minecraft not working.. so yeah.

Georgie

Jul 29, 2019
Well in theory could the console not be forced by the user to act as a process which steam recognises?

EmpiricalCat.

Jul 29, 2019
Mine works, i used the javaw location thing with FTB_Launcher.exe, is your vanilla launcher in the same place as your ftb?