Steam Engine help.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hey so, at the minute I have a charcoal fueled Steam Boiler that provides steam to 8 industrial engines, however it seems as if the engines never store more than half it's maximum capacity in steam and output no more than 4mj/t. Am I doing something wrong?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Wich boiler and wich size are you using 36 Lp boiler can feed 9 industrial steam engines and a 36 hp boiler can feed 18 engines
Also every liqiduct can only output 80 mb/t per connection and since a Lp boiler outputs 360 mb/t you will need 4 connections you only need 1 pipe to let it flow through tough

Holland says hi!

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
if you are connecting with pipes instead of liquiducts you will need 1 gold pipe per industrial engine. with liquiducts, make sure to have at least 5 input connections like netherus said. at max HP have 9. Liquiducts have nigh infinite throughput but limited input and output.

edited for accuracy.

Reactions: Whovian

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
An easier solution would be to simply place the engines directly next to the boiler. Then there's no limit to the amount of steam that can flow between them.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I derped its 5 connections per Lp boiler and 9 for the hp ones xD

Holland says hi!

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I derped its 5 connections per Lp boiler and 9 for the hp ones xD

Holland says hi!

If you use powered connections, 4 seem to be enough for a lp boiler. Not sure about the actual numbers, but my machines work like that at full power output.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah powered they output more dunno how much tough think it was 100 but don't hold me for that powered ones just take more room and that's not my style I ussually just make a U-shape around a Hp boiler so it actually looks nice and is nicer on the server since having 9 connections on one side has way to many loops XD and I don't want loops! Nevah!

Holland says hi!

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
I connect the engines directly to the boiler. On the lowest and highest row of the machine casings. Three to each side. That's 18 total which is perfect for an HP boiler. Then I put a lever between each engine on the second middle row of casings. 9 levers total. Wrap connecting power cables around to gather power from all the engines. Put an aqueous accumulator underneath the whole thing. Then the front face is completely exposed and uncluttered and you can hook up the system that feeds it the fuel there.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
The steam tank will output 80, a powered liquiduct will suck another 80 for a total of 160mb.

I think the interaction between the two is considered a very minor bug (if the tank pushes steam, it should not allow to be sucked from i guess).

You can easily use 4 powered liquiducts or 9 unpowered ones, nothing balance-breaking :)