Steam Dynamo only outputs 4RF/t

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried a couple different set-ups now using both Fluiducts and placing the Dynamos directly on the boiler (it's full heat) and it only wants to output 4RF/t. I've tried giving it water as well as Steam, which did nothing more. Tried just one Dynamo, but that still only output 4. Would have used Industrial Steam Engines til we found out that they don't connect to Conduits. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong as I have set-up multiple boilers on previous servers, though this is the first time using Steam Dynamo's.

Is there anything blindingly obvious?

Oh I also tested whether the power needed somewhere to go so I placed an empty Resonant Energy Cell, still nothing. :<

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Check if the boiler is full of steam? -- should have in excess of 1mil
Check that the dynamo actually has steam in it?
Check for any stray redstone signals?
Check the dynamo to make sure its not set to require a redstone signal

Make sure you place the dynamo's "flat" side directly against the boiler

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've tried a couple different set-ups now using both Fluiducts and placing the Dynamos directly on the boiler (it's full heat) and it only wants to output 4RF/t. I've tried giving it water as well as Steam, which did nothing more. Tried just one Dynamo, but that still only output 4. Would have used Industrial Steam Engines til we found out that they don't connect to Conduits. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong as I have set-up multiple boilers on previous servers, though this is the first time using Steam Dynamo's.

Is there anything blindingly obvious?

Oh I also tested whether the power needed somewhere to go so I placed an empty Resonant Energy Cell, still nothing. :<
It outputs 4FR/t with 0 RF stored? or it output 4RF/t with 38k RF stored? If the latter then your "problem" is that there is no usage or the dynamo is not connected properly to the power network(or you bottlenecked the connections).

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Dynamos self-throttle if there is no demand for their power. So, if the internal buffer of 80k RF is full, the dynamos only produce 4 rf/t. Hook them up to something that can draw that much power and the internal buffer will be consumed, at which point the power produced will increase up to 80 rf/t.

If you already placed an REC, make sure it was not full, set to receive on the correct side, and its internal menus were set to allow RF input.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
So i have no idea what had happened, but after I went back into MC about 2 mins after the Dynamo's were running at 80 RF/t. Which is really strange because nothing at all had changed in the system. The REC was still in a state of 'not full' yet the Dynamo's ran at differing speeds. Though they now run at full 80 RF/t.

At least it works now. XD Wonder if I'll have this same issue when I set-up the next boiler.

Thanks

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
How many dynamos do you have?

They will not all run at the same speed. Some of them will run at 80 RF/t (their maximum), some of them will run at 4 RF/t (their minimum) and there will probably only be one in between. So check all of them - don't just check one and assume they're all running at that power.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
So i have no idea what had happened, but after I went back into MC about 2 mins after the Dynamo's were running at 80 RF/t. Which is really strange because nothing at all had changed in the system. The REC was still in a state of 'not full' yet the Dynamo's ran at differing speeds. Though they now run at full 80 RF/t.

At least it works now. XD Wonder if I'll have this same issue when I set-up the next boiler.

Thanks
What I have seen (Monster 1.1.1), is that unless your whole power network is chunk loaded, sometimes when you move away from your base (in the overworld) and then go back, something breaks down in terms of the power network getting loaded back in. Simply breaking and placing back conduits at the dynamos will restore it, if this is the case.

Edit: What I think could be useful, is to have cheap "passive" chunk loaders (and typically not have them banned from servers). You would mark an area, and if one of the marked chunks is loaded due to player proximity, all of them are. Meaning you could mark an area to either be completely unloaded or loaded, and not both.

Last edited:

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
what conduit are you using? Leadstone can only take up to 80 so if you connected all them dynamos to ledstone conduit they will average on 80 between them so if you have say 20 of them they will only produce 4 each.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
what conduit are you using? Leadstone can only take up to 80 so if you connected all them dynamos to ledstone conduit they will average on 80 between them so if you have say 20 of them they will only produce 4 each.
Conduit limits are per connection, you could use leadstone conduits to support as many dynamos as you want but you will need multiple connection points on your energy cell(s).

Reactions: Padfoote