Steam Boiler Problem(maybe bug)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

irishpancake33

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain why the steam boiler to the right will not connect and create a steam boiler?

Attachments

• 2013-07-26_12.06.20.png
    2013-07-26_12.06.20.png
    457 KB · Views: 162

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It might be too close to the other boiler. Try leaving a block gap around them.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
You may also need to temporarily remove the liquiducts till the multiblock forms - other blocks touching can interfere with it.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Just to rule out stupid mistakes that sometimes happen: you do have a layer of fireboxes below, right?

Benjywa

Jul 29, 2019
Could be anything!

1 - Steam boilers must not touch - not sure about corners touching but I know side on they cant
2 - you have a valid layout of nine solid or liquid burners underneath ie not mixed or missing? (mentioned above)
3 - you have nub-caked and left a gap in the middle? (I HAVE DONE THIS!)

why did the liquiduct connect? move this

I would suggest building in layers , lay the solid or liquids then 1 layer of 9 boilers and see if they hook up, if not then its probably the touching thing

side note - is your steam consumer pulling in all the steam? On 36 HP boiler you need multiple connections to the consumer to get the 720 steam in

irishpancake33

Jul 29, 2019
Could be anything!

1 - Steam boilers must not touch - not sure about corners touching but I know side on they cant
2 - you have a valid layout of nine solid or liquid burners underneath ie not mixed or missing? (mentioned above)
3 - you have nub-caked and left a gap in the middle? (I HAVE DONE THIS!)

why did the liquiduct connect? move this

I would suggest building in layers , lay the solid or liquids then 1 layer of 9 boilers and see if they hook up, if not then its probably the touching thing

side note - is your steam consumer pulling in all the steam? On 36 HP boiler you need multiple connections to the consumer to get the 720 steam in

I do on my old setup its just I want to steam boilers per steam consumer...

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Consumers accept 160mb of steam per side. One is taken up by the bridge so thats 5 sides that can accept steam. One 36HP boiler produces 720 steam. One consumer cant handle more then 1 36HP boiler.. Because the consumer at MAX can accept 800mb. Anyways hope this helps.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Consumers accept 160mb of steam per side. One is taken up by the bridge so thats 5 sides that can accept steam. One 36HP boiler produces 720 steam. One consumer cant handle more then 1 36HP boiler.. Because the consumer at MAX can accept 800mb. Anyways hope this helps.

This limitation is caused by the liquiducts, the consumer itself can process 1.000 steam/tick. (Simply feed all steam into tesseracts and then slap the receiving tesseract on the consumer. This one face connection is enough, no additional pipes required.)

As for the original question, remove the liquiduct.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft multiblock structures can't touch each other even by corners. The liquiducts do not matter, only the fact that you are trying to form two of the same multiblock structure too close to each other. I believe you can still have two different multiblocks touching but not sure about that.