Starting Package for Monster Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hugsssss

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I was considering getting onto the Monster pack, as it has a ton of mods I'd like to check out. However, I really don't like the very early game, so I was wondering if people could suggest simple starting packs that I could cheat in via NEI before I got into my world. I was thinking along the lines of a stack or a half-stack of each ore, but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I cheat myself in an unbreakable cobalt hammer and cobalt pickaxe, both will a ton of redstone and Fortune 3. After that, cheat mode is off.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I cheat myself in an unbreakable cobalt hammer and cobalt pickaxe, both will a ton of redstone and Fortune 3. After that, cheat mode is off.
I don't go THAT insane... just a full set of Bedrock Tools and armor(not fancy stuff, just the armor), some Sync Stuff, 1 redstone block, and a creative Energy Cell for my Sync stuff.
Oh, and a brown geostrata crystal. And I need it Delivered I use Starting Inventory because I ain't got time to actually add those when I start up a map anymore.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I don't go THAT insane... just a full set of Bedrock Tools and armor(not fancy stuff, just the armor), some Sync Stuff, 1 redstone block, and a creative Energy Cell for my Sync stuff.
Oh, and a brown geostrata crystal. And I need it Delivered I use Starting Inventory because I ain't got time to actually add those when I start up a map anymore.
That is insane! I usually cheat in an awakened ichorium pick, plus the reset fo the tools and armor, use the cheat sheet, and a basic AE system! [/sarcasm]

Reactions: buggirlexpres

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
You're all insane!
I work my way through, no cheating or anything.
And I get a great amount of satisfaction when I have a HQ at my command.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to cheat anything in. Starting new FTB worlds is a skill that you are probably going to want to develop. Learning how to go from vanilla starting tier, to early tier machinery, and then on, is something you HAVE to learn.

Otherwise you might as well just play creative.

Reactions: Kirameki

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I just give myself a creative energy cell and creative industrial coil. Worrying about power generation is such a BORE. :p

Seriously though, cheating ruins the experience. The most fun part of playing with modpacks is finding cool new ways to solve problems you never knew you had.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Hi,
I was considering getting onto the Monster pack, as it has a ton of mods I'd like to check out. However, I really don't like the very early game, so I was wondering if people could suggest simple starting packs that I could cheat in via NEI before I got into my world. I was thinking along the lines of a stack or a half-stack of each ore, but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.
I enable world cheats at world creation, well... because minecraft.... modded minecraft at that. I don't cheat anything in, but I don't hate if you do... If I was to cheat something in, it would be maybe something that RNG could be stupid about. Like Melon seeds, or something like that.

hugsssss

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the replies.
You don't need to cheat anything in. Starting new FTB worlds is a skill that you are probably going to want to develop. Learning how to go from vanilla starting tier, to early tier machinery, and then on, is something you HAVE to learn.

Otherwise you might as well just play creative.
I do know how to start new worlds without cheating, I just find it can easily get repetitive. I completely understand your point, and the point of everyone else who thought that cheating is lame, but I have always found that no matter what mods you add, the beginning of a world is almost always "get a pick, build a shelter, go mining."

Anyway, thanks for all of your opinions.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I will occasionally cheat in a single ender pearl. Mainly because early on endermans seem to like taking a single hit then just outright fucking orf so I never get a chance to kill them.

Once I have one I can *do things to make more of them*. Beyond that, I like to play as legit as possibru

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the replies.

I do know how to start new worlds without cheating, I just find it can easily get repetitive. I completely understand your point, and the point of everyone else who thought that cheating is lame, but I have always found that no matter what mods you add, the beginning of a world is almost always "get a pick, build a shelter, go mining."

Anyway, thanks for all of your opinions.
Well, the fun could be in developing those strategies, or new ones as you get more mods. I feel that it really takes a lot away from your accomplishments if you remembered that you had to cheat halfway in between. It feels like you could've just done it in creative.

There are some cases where I do cheat things in with NEI. Things like dropping stuff into lava, or IC2 explosions because I wasn't paying attention. But, I also found that it doesn't force me to pay attention, and thus I continue to make those mistakes.[DOUBLEPOST=1403302112][/DOUBLEPOST]You will also become hardpressed to survive in SMP situations where you aren't allowed the flexibility of cheating. You can't even quickly switch to peaceful mode to get rid of all the mobs. Thus, if you ever plan to SMP, I would advise from doing these things because they will become detrimental.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
For a serious suggestion, if you have Enchiridion, I suggest getting the Book Binder from it as your one starting item. More books then your body has room for? Just move them somewhere else! Need some of them on the go? Get that Book Binder and make sure it takes the books you need.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There are some cases where I do cheat things in with NEI. Things like dropping stuff into lava, or IC2 explosions because I wasn't paying attention.

Oh yeah things like that. If i've just spent a tun of resources building and pimping out a powersuit only to have it glitch out and disappear for absolutely no reason, I have been known to cheat it back in again. Because that's something lost through no fault of mine.

But losing items because I died and cheating them back in is a bit scrubby IMO

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but when all you do is play SSP, it's not that big a deal. This habit changed when I played AS though.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just cheat-in everything, boom you won, now close the client & go cheat at another game, oh & btw never even look at AgS or BnB.

hugsssss

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just cheat-in everything, boom you won, now close the client & go cheat at another game, oh & btw never even look at AgS or BnB.
I was never planning on cheating in anything game-breaking, I know when I want to play Creative and when I just want to start Survival slightly differently. Also, I probably will never go to Agrarian Skies or Blood n' Bones.