Starting out with Computer Craft

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Dan200 on Pahi-craft inspired me to try out Computer Craft, what is the best way to get started? I would also want to try some addons, if you have any suggestions.

BTW i already know some basics of Lua from some years ago.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
Dan200 on Pahi-craft inspired me to try out Computer Craft, what is the best way to get started? I would also want to try some addons, if you have any suggestions.

BTW i already know some basics of Lua from some years ago.
you should check their wiki, they have lots of information on there.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I already watched that, it was quite awesome, i would also like to know a little more Lua. Can't hurt.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
I'd love to see somebody make a setup that used both redpower 2 computers, and computercraft computers, that comunicate via bundled cables and modems.
they also have an forum btw.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
people who use redpower 2 and computercraft at the same time... have a forum?
no i meant for frederikam, cc has an forum where are guides and such

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
ICountFrom0 said:
people who use redpower 2 and computercraft at the same time... have a forum?
no i meant for frederikam, cc has an forum where are guides and such

As well as a lot of Lua code, yes i know that forum. Its good when you don't program/haven't learnt much Lua but still want to play with CC

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. DW20 is currently doing a series of tutorials. They helped me, and I'm a complete noob, so I'm sure they will help you too!

D

Deleted member 188

I've found a few interesting tutorials and videos of interesting things on NitrogenFinger's channel on Youtube. Something about the idea of setting up email servers and things as such inside the game really appeal to me for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NitrogenFingers