Started an Expert mode world. Here is my rather unusual let's play of it

C

crusaderkv

Hey there everyone!

I am new to these forums, but not at all new to infinity. I have long been thinking about doing a let's play serie's of sorts but I am just not the video kind of guy. Thus the idea was born to do a let's play/progress reporting via pictures :D.
i will be updating my blog in Parts containing 7 Updates each.

Some things to note: I DO play with iguana tinker tweaks, but I disabled the harvest level tweaking for you know.. progression speed xD. I also have projectE and Magical Crops installed, altough I suspect I will do next to nothing with the both of them for this playtrough since I want to experience the real expert mode difficulty. Now on to the actual album!

Edit 29-2-16
Hey there people, it has been several days without a update from me and i just wanted to let you guys know i'm still kicking and the next update will be somewhere around thursday this week. Life has been busy the past few days and thus I haven't been able to get any real progress going, however I am now finding some more time again to play. See you guys soon ;)

What i've got now is about a day worth of playing(that means about 5 hours this time xD), and already am I amazed at the infrastructure I will be required to build. http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
Day 2&3:
Day 2 on itself was nothing worth reporting, but a combined day 2 and day 3 report actually was! the total amount of time would be around 12 to 15 hours now and i must say that the intial first day grind was rather boring but the game is opening up to a lot of different paths right now so much interesting stuf there is to talk about! http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
On today's epidode: Building, moving, exploring the nether (including a little suprise at the gates of hell) and sorting out my storage. enjoy! http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
Welcome back everyone! On todays update: machines, machines, farms and even more machines as we continue down the techinicians path. I noticed that my power supply was on the low side so that has been upgraded aswell. Enjoy todays Update! http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
Hello there everyone, it has been quite a while since the last update but life has been taking up much of my time. Now for today's update we have more base upgrades, including new machines and the beginning of the very first real automation. Enjoy!
http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
Hello and welcome back to my let's play of Feed the beast Infinity Expert mode! Today's update brings us one step closer to the end for we now have our very first IC2 Reactor ready to set up, automated power production and some new machines :D. Enjoy! http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn
22-03-2016
Hey there guys, It has been several weeks since we first began our journey and a journey it has been!
Just to recap a little bit: I started in the world, a birch tree forest(plenty of wood!), and set up camp, living on the land itself without a real base to call home. After some time I decided it was time for a real base and I moved into the mountain next to the base and from that point on I finally had a place to truly call home, with walls and roofs and actual floors and a bed!
We are now on part 7(seven already?!) and mid game is coming closer every week, starting out with a hammer for plates I moved to the Metal Former and after that it all happened so fast! TE Machines all set up, the first MFR Harvester, EnderIo machines slowly coming to the light and now we are finally ready to set up the IC2 reactor. However, I decided it was time for something different from tech and started looking to the bees and the flowers, the farms and the mana generation. So here it is! Update 6, part 7 of the Let's play.

On Today's Episode, we get to see the birth of the Botanist in me, the apiarist and the farmer coming back to life. I do still hope you enjoy this serie's as much as I enjoy playing and creating this serie! A little PSA here: After this update we will start a NEW Imgur album, because the current one is getting quite full and long. Moving forward next week there will thus be TWO albums for you to look at :D. Untill then, this is Crusaderkvw signing off

Last edited:
C

crusaderkv

So I somehow cannot edit my orignal post. so for now i will be updating my progression via the comments!

Day 2&3:
Day 2 on itself was nothing worth reporting, but a combined day 2 and day 3 report actually was! the total amount of time would be around 12 to 15 hours now and i must say that the intial first day grind was rather boring but the game is opening up to a lot of different paths right now so much interesting stuf there is to talk about!

http://imgur.com/a/Ah8tn

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
hope to see more. me my self is having a 7man expert mode base we are 3 days in and just about to make a reactor! hope it fun in as one person just can't get my head around making some off the things as one person:D Thumps up for creative idea of pictures with a story

Reactions: crusaderkv
C

crusaderkv

Still unable to edit my OP so here is the newest and latest update!
(i suggest you just click on either of the other 2 imgur links, it's the same album xD)

On today's epidode: Building, moving, exploring the nether (including a little suprise at the gates of hell) and sorting out my storage. enjoy!

hope to see more. me my self is having a 7man expert mode base we are 3 days in and just about to make a reactor! hope it fun in as one person just can't get my head around making some off the things as one person:D Thumps up for creative idea of pictures with a story
Thank you for your response, these are the things that actually keep me going. To answer your question/comment: It's a lot of work, I have always been a slow progressor but this pack actually fixes that for me since the pack itself has adjusted to my speed. I am a farmer and builder by heart so that impedes speed even more, yet it is this slowness that i enjoy :D. and i promise you that there will be more! Just keep on checking here every 2-3 days, hope to see you next time!

Reactions: AndersWithTheCat

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
well we are a bunch of power builders and 2 slower pace guys, 4 days now also we decied to add a mod called Magical Crops. bit cheaty but dont really help on the only way to make power etc as it dosn't matter how much ingots you got it just gonna help us from not going mining for stuff all the time. here a little picture
UpSl3mw.jpg

C

crusaderkv

well we are a bunch of power builders and 2 slower pace guys, 4 days now also we decied to add a mod called Magical Crops. bit cheaty but dont really help on the only way to make power etc as it dosn't matter how much ingots you got it just gonna help us from not going mining for stuff all the time.

Might i request that you try to keep this thread as uncluttered as possible? please use imgur next time for picture posting since that allow me(and other users) to skip to my updates a lot faster ;).

Magical Crops is one of my favorite mods to be honest, never have really been a automated mining type of guy xD. however, i will abide by expert mode laws and rules and not use Magical Crops at all.
For now though: Crusader signing off

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
Might i request that you try to keep this thread as uncluttered as possible? please use imgur next time for picture posting since that allow me(and other users) to skip to my updates a lot faster ;).

Magical Crops is one of my favorite mods to be honest, never have really been a automated mining type of guy xD. however, i will abide by expert mode laws and rules and not use Magical Crops at all.
For now though: Crusader signing off
Just and idea you could do something like
Todays blog about balal link

then you can just edit your main post and use the comment as a fancy commnet field for people like me that like to give feedback
:)

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
somehow i cannot actually edit my post. it gives me the following error message: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likey because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.".

Now this is what i think is the case here: Since my account is new i can only edit once and then have to wait for moderator approval before i can edit again(seeing as i could edit in your idea, wich is actually what i wanted to do anyways xD). I actually think that that is a load of **** but i somehow can not contact an admin or mod about this :(
RIP....