Request Standalone Player Inventory Block

Discussion in 'Mod Development' started by Type1Ninja, May 20, 2015.

1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja New Member

This is a request. If there's a more appropriate forum for this, I'm sorry, moderators: please just move it there. :p
    I would attempt to make this myself, but my knowledge of coding in general isn't top notch, I couldn't find any good tutorials for Forge (though these forums seem like a good resource and I'll check out Santa's links if I ever decide to try this for realz). I'm short on time and have other priorities, such as my modpack.

Now, on to the idea:
    A player inventory block, like the one from Gany's End, Pneumaticcraft, or Random Things. I don't want to use any of those mods because I would like a player inventory block in my modpack, but I can't stand adding an entire, complex mod for a single purpose. It feels disgraceful to everyone involved. Those are great mods, I just want to either do them full justice or don't use them at all.
    So, I want an automate-able, chest-like block that is tied to a specific player's inventory. I want this so I can get into all sorts of SFM/AE2/Refined Relocation shenanigans where I keep my own and other player's inventories with torches, cobble, etc, and remove extraneous cobble. If additional explanation is required, I'm sure I can provide it... I'm good at overwhelming people with ideas I WANT but can't IMPLEMENT. :p (I'm working on the implement part! Whoo!)

I just want to get this idea off my chest so that if someone with better coding knowledge/more time and commitment than me can take it up. I'll do them myself if required, but I don't have time yet. :p

2. lumien

lumien New Member

You can just disable everything else from random things except the player interface. Jaded disabled everything except the Bloodmoon in Magic Farm so don't feel bad about it :p.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja New Member

*sigh* Alright. I'll just minetweaker-rename the stuff that's "too magicky" for my pack to make it seem not-magicky. :p