Staffers harassing people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted666

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Ted666,

While I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the support you found on the support site I have to inform you that hijacking threads about other topics is not the way to complain about such things. If you want to create a topic for feedback then you are welcome to do so but you will need to be informative as to where you posted your issue so we can find the reason you are not getting support for your problem.

Regards
Fraser 'Captainnana'
Feed the Beast Content Manager

So apparently posting about issues with the update on the launcher in a thread about the issues is not okay anymore. If you are having a problem with the launcher use the cracked version for 1.3.9. Just google FTB 1.3.9 cracked and you can use false info to log in so you don't give away your info. It works, and if something is wrong the people associated with it are MUCH nicer and don't send you PMs to bash you for nothing!

Enjoy the popularity 'Captainnana'!

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Ted666,

While I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the support you found on the support site I have to inform you that hijacking threads about other topics is not the way to complain about such things. If you want to create a topic for feedback then you are welcome to do so but you will need to be informative as to where you posted your issue so we can find the reason you are not getting support for your problem.

Regards
Fraser 'Captainnana'

So apparently posting about issues with the update on the launcher in a thread about the issues is not okay anymore. If you are having a problem with the launcher use the cracked version for 1.3.9. Just google FTB 1.3.9 cracked and you can use false info to log in so you don't give away your info. It works, and if something is wrong the people associated with it are MUCH nicer and don't send you PMs to bash you for nothing!

Don't be surprised if this thread gets hidden. It's always been very clear that if you have a problem with someone as senior and responsible as @Captainnana , you go straight to @slowpoke (use PMs or Teamspeak), not create a public post with the intent of humiliating someone.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Ted666,

Regards
Fraser 'Captainnana'

if you call that harassing, I think you might better get off the internet
and suggesting people to use cracked software... not a smart move

Ted666

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be surprised if this thread gets hidden. It's always been very clear that if you have a problem with someone as senior and responsible as @Captainnana , you go straight to @slowpoke (use PMs or Teamspeak), not create a public post with the intent of humiliating someone.

Like I care who is over who or what they think? I had some ass tell me that using their suggestions and guides to troubleshoot wasn't good enough and have the nerve to tell me that posting in the thread for discussion of problems with the new updates wasn't appropriate. Yea I think openly pointing him out was the right thing to do.

if you call that harassing, I think you might better get off the internet
and suggesting people to use cracked software... not a smart move

Your point? I can say what I want and telling people to use a cracked version to fix their problems because FTB doesn't actually do tech support is plenty smart. If they won't fix it then whatever. When I finally got fed up with waiting around I went into the program and ripped out the authenticating part and now my launcher works great! I didn't use the crack because I don't trust it so I did my own work around. While I was at it I compared the coding from the older versions to the new one, they need a new programmer. I corrected the programming errors but the whole launcher relies on some very faulty coding so I just removed the problems to fix it for good.

I came up with my own solution because there was no solution from FTB.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Like I explained to you in the PM, you made a post about how we should get a "support site that actually gives support" in a thread about spam on the support site, a totally unrelated topic. I've reported this thread to our global mod team so they can independently decide what to do with it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
1. The launcher is open source. Which means you are free to do what you want with it. You can't release it with our art and textures but for personal use go right ahead. If you have found a bug consider submitting a pull request.
2. Yelling at people and cussing them out gets nothing solved.
3. Cussing at people and being aggressive is against the forum rules. Modifying the launcher is not.

To be clear, your time out from the forums is because you felt the need to cuss and be aggressive and break forum rules. You are welcome to do what you like with the launcher, that's why its open source.

Ted666

Jul 29, 2019
Like I explained to you in the PM, you made a post about how we should get a "support site that actually gives support" in a thread about spam on the support site, a totally unrelated topic. I've reported this thread to our global mod team so they can independently decide what to do with it.
Apparently you missed the part where I mentioned the spam but w/e, twisting peoples words around is what it takes to make a point right? Invalid as it may be.

1. The launcher is open source. Which means you are free to do what you want with it. You can't release it with our art and textures but for personal use go right ahead. If you have found a bug consider submitting a pull request.
2. Yelling at people and cussing them out gets nothing solved.
3. Cussing at people and being aggressive is against the forum rules. Modifying the launcher is not.

To be clear, your time out from the forums is because you felt the need to cuss and be aggressive and break forum rules. You are welcome to do what you like with the launcher, that's why its open source.
Honestly I didn't notice a "time out" but then again when you work 70+ hrs a week to have your downtime filled with trolls parading around ignoring your requests for help on their broken product thats pretty aggravating so you will have to forgive me.

On another note saying I verbally abused someone when they were neglectful in their duties is pretty 2-faced. Your modpack is awesome but unless they show you my unedited posts in that thread and you don't just take the trolls word for it, please refrain from judging.

The job of a moderator these days is to ignore real issues and bully people who follow the rules cause people who don't can do w/e they want to harass you and they cant be stopped. Maybe I should join them?

Ted666

Jul 29, 2019
But you advised other people to use it? I think your upset & not thinking clearly about your actions which is a pity as it would seem through your words that you may be able to assist with technical problems rather than create more political ones?
Btw why would I help you guys with problems when you ignored me for over a month on the tech support site? I already said what to check. If that ain't help enough...
Yes I was pissed off and yes I vented but I chose a relevant topic and was attacked for it. Teach me for at least trying to vent my frustration in the correct places.

You guys don't respond to the tech site, emails, or PMs for help then wonder why people vent in the open. Really?

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Btw why would I help you guys with problems when you ignored me for over a month on the tech support site? I already said what to check. If that ain't help enough...
Yes I was pissed off and yes I vented but I chose a relevant topic and was attacked for it. Teach me for at least trying to vent my frustration in the correct places.

You guys don't respond to the tech site, emails, or PMs for help then wonder why people vent in the open. Really?
I am humble forum user, not part of any support team & do not have much in the way of technical knowledge compared to most of people on here, I was responding to what appeared to me to be the lack of thought you where applying to your actions which could negatively affect other members. Don't get me wrong I understand that people feel 'put out' by some circumstances but if you actually wanted help your op is not looking that way? Generally my problems are solved by putting in my own time (yes that's part of my 70+ hour work week as well) or politely asking for assistance on the forums, I have never had to escalate to FTB tech support as most people here are surprisingly helpful when less drama & more humility is applied. I am not looking to dig deeper or make a larger argument I just feel if you put the guns away people may look your way a little differently.

Teach me for at least trying to vent my frustration in the correct places.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
There's also always just the possibility that your problem is unique, therefore no one knows a solution, therefore no one responded to your question.

Looking on there, I see almost every question responded to either with questions for more information or a direct solution, which in my mind implies you've got a problem that no one else has had.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
On another note saying I verbally abused someone when they were neglectful in their duties is pretty 2-faced. Your modpack is awesome but unless they show you my unedited posts in that thread and you don't just take the trolls word for it, please refrain from judging.

Like I care who is over who or what they think? I had some ass tell me that using their suggestions and guides to troubleshoot wasn't good enough and have the nerve to tell me that posting in the thread for discussion of problems with the new updates wasn't appropriate. Yea I think openly pointing him out was the right thing to do.

You abused him in front of everyone that has seen this thread. There isn't any edits on that post either (apart from the parts I snipped out in this post.)

There's also always just the possibility that your problem is unique, therefore no one knows a solution, therefore no one responded to your question.

I agree, I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) you removed the login system and it seem to work? If so then it is unique due to we haven't gotten any other reports like this and when we do Mojang's log in systems are down or user is entering false information.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Your private messages and your posts have been filled with impolite aggressive behavior. And since you apparently did not take your time-out as a suggestion to read the rules. You may now stay off the forums.

For future reference enforcing forum rules is my job. Being warned/banned for breaking those rules is not bullying.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
In the interest of transparency I'll post the contents of the original message the user made in the thread http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/spam-in-support-site.44883/ The post is not visible in this thread as it was irrelevant to the conversation however the full unedited contents of the message were:

How about a support site that actually gives support? I have tried to get a solution to my problems with the launcher and nothing!

I think it is time to write off the FTB launcher and port these modpacks to a better launcher that at least loads properly... like ATLauncher.

The following conversation then followed in private message:

Dear Ted666,

Regards
Fraser 'Captainnana'
Hijacking threads? Which thread? I only posted in a single thread related to the problem I am having.

So if responding to a thread talking about your launcher not working and people discussing the issues with the updates is not okay then maybe you guys should fix your support section?

Also PMing me about hijacking a thread that was on a related topic that I made 1 post on is not a good way to get me to listen. In fact how about I just copy your pm and the entire thread in question to minecraft forums to show everyone else what you guys are really like?

Don't worry, since your launcher is broken I probably won't have any more association with FTB and instead use the cracked launcher that is floating on the web. Got a problem with that?
I decided on another solution to your rudeness, enjoy!
Apologies I forgot to include a link: You made a post in the following topic http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/spam-in-support-site.44883/ of which the topic was "Spam in Support Site" with the following content:

"How about a support site that actually gives support? I have tried to get a solution to my problems with the launcher and nothing!

I think it is time to write off the FTB launcher and port these modpacks to a better launcher that at least loads properly... like ATLauncher."

This was off the topic of the conversation and hence the reason you received this message.
Oh I've just came across your "solution" in the web feedback section, I will report your issue it to our global moderation team so they can independently deal with the situation.
And I care? I came up with a solution to your "support" website and ideas that are nothing but bullshit! I went into the launcher programming and removed the authentication part to get around where you guys broke it, and now I can run it offline and online. As long as I have a legal premium account for minecraft there is nothing you can do to prevent me from abusing your launcher to get what I want. I only started using the launcher when I found Direwolf's channel on youtube and then also for Agrarian skies. Nothing else on this launcher is worth it!

But if some of your biggest hits aren't enough reason to have a working product then I will just adjust the launcher to be able to circumvent your "updates" from now on.

Amazing so where was my post in that link? And even discussing the stupidity of your "support site" and how it doesn't give any support in a thread about the support site wasn't good enough? Maybe... I emphasize 'MAYBE'... the crack at you guys by pointing out that ATLauncher at least is working was a little mean, but you had it coming!

The problem was I took every step that your "support site" had and even a ton of forum "fixes" and nothing worked! And then you guys don't even respond to us on the support site so how the hell do you expect people to react after trying for over a month now and getting nowhere with you guys?

Like I said from now on I am fixing it myself and going around you guys completely. So whatever you wanna do to me on here so be it. You can't do anything about me using your launcher without tampering with my mojang account and that would be illegal. So nothing you can do to me.

PS. Not everyone is an idiot by the way. Some of us gamers are also programmers and know just a little more than the children you assume we all are. Treat us like children and expect us to take matters into our own hands. And telling people to use the cracked launchers out there ain't brilliant but at least it gives people another option than to wait forever on you guys.
The only reason I give a shit about your launcher is because it is the only one with Jadedcat's packs and Direwolf's packs, if it weren't for that you guys wouldn't have near as many fans. And if you treat even 1% of us like you did to me (like an idiot) then I wouldn't be surprised if it came around to bite you in the ass.

Just remember, one way or another you need to be able to afford to keep this site and launcher funded to keep fans happy. Piss off the wrong people and word might get around that you guys are producing subpar product and still collecting money. At that point money flow stops. And if Mojang says you aren't allowed to run a launcher then what would you do next? If you do operate a launcher it would be illegal.

Keep in mind that the person you mess with today might be the one getting you shut down tomorrow.
Btw: Have whoever does your programming recheck the authetication protocols, it isn't properly saving or accessing them in offline mode and that is in turn causing issues with online authentication later. I have a fixed launcher and a work around launcher in case you guys tamper with it again, but I am not handing over my work.

This is the full correspondence I had with this user to my knowledge and I felt it was important to be posted so that you can all judge for yourselves if we were out of line.

I hope this cleared up the situation for everyone!

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Next time he gets slightly off-color paint at the hardware store, he should call the employee a colorblind baboon, jump the counter, mix it himself, then steal that paint and advocate that others steal things because the service is bad, all while alerting the local media.

I don't understand why folks jump straight to the attitude when they don't get the perfect answer right away. Seriously, you look like a petulant child. Even if you have a legitimate issue (which you may), having a massive attitude is not going to get you the help you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.