Stabilized Spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Does the blood magic block work? I've never used it myself so I don't know what its called but I know it can basically move any block/ block-entity :p

MrTomWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Also, what I usually do is that I move the spawner with a dolly before making it into a stabilized spawner.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Does the blood magic block work? I've never used it myself so I don't know what its called but I know it can basically move any block/ block-entity :p

The Blood Magic block is called a Teleposer, you will probably need enough ingredients to build a pair of them. You'll also need a pair of teleposition foci as you bind a pair together first, and then you place one of the bound pair onto the receiving Teleposer, and the other onto the sending Teleposer, and it should be pretty easy from there to telepose your block to wherever you want it. :D

I learned all of this from watching Direwolf20 use the teleposition mechanic in both his Forgecraft series and his LP series on YouTube, you'll have to search around for the exact episodes he uses them in, though! Hope that helps!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay to answer your questions:

You place a Draconic core on a standard spawner, it will turn it into an empty draconic spawner. You can then pick it up with a DE pickaxe and move it to where you want.

Next up is to get either a DE sword (wyvern or full draconic) or enchant a vanilla one with reaper. You can also enchant the DE swords with reaper to improve your chances. Then go hunting for the soul you want. This will take time as an unmodified game it has by default a 0.1% chance to drop a soul.

(At this point I will stress this: The DE swords can get Mob souls by default without the reaper enchant. The Reaper chant can be applied to most non-DE swords to give them the capability to get souls at the same rate as the DE swords. Applying the reaper enchant to a DE sword however increases their chance to get souls than default)

Next you take your soul and right click the DE spawner. It will now work the same as a vanilla mob spawner with all the same traits (player proximity, light level, etc. The DE spawner however can be upgraded with various items for various effects:

Wyvern core: increases spawn rate as well as count and allows redstone control.

Awakened core: Further increases spawn rate and count.
Nether Star: removes player proximity requirement. you can be as far away as you can still chunk load and it will still spawn.

Notch Apple: Ignore light level.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
This thread was started back in April. I think I have my answer, this doesn't need further discussion.