Squeezer not accepting buildcraft power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
The Forestry Squeezer won't accept any buildcraft power, from any side. The carpenter works just fine, it seems to be just the squeezer.

That prevents progressing with apiaries and anything else that requires a squeezer in order to make or function.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Not the squeezer!!
Anyway, report this bug to the relevant author of the plugin, buildcraft/forestry ;)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance, could it be that you are trying to squeeze the combs?
If that is so, the you are using the wrong machine, hence why it won't work.
Not having time to test by myself in the 1.4.2 version, I just know that squeezer worked just fine in 1.3.2, so just checking.

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I mean the engines won't power the squeezer, like they are supposed to.

Edit: And this only happens after Forestry is ported into FTB, this doesn't occur in Forestry alone.
I'll double check to make sure that's accurate.

dafiremaster

Jul 29, 2019
I've been able to use the squeezer powered by a peat-fired engine, which while is part of the forestry mod but outputs buildcraft power. hope that helps

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
That should help. Now.... time to learn how to use a peat-fired engine!

Thanks. Will try that in SSP now.

dafiremaster

Jul 29, 2019
It's the forestry equivalent of the steam(now sterling) engine. It outputs 1 MJ/t but will not overheat. You have to make bog earth and let it mature into and then harvest the peat which is burnt in the engine.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Peat can also be used as fuel source for various things, like furnaces and generators, in place of coal, and will have quite a longer duration.

It is always the first thing I make once I have spare dirt, and sand (and access to a bucket), later automating it.

Be advised that the machines (peat bog and the harvester I never remember the name of) will work way better if not always powered.
I usually use 2 RP timers and the lever gate to fire the engines once or twice per hour, for the duration of a full peat combustion, worked like a charm in 1.2.5 at least.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I tried a bunch of engines, and it seems this is only an issue for the Redstone Engines. This may be intentional, or a result of the changes to the quarry.

For the time being though, just use anything besides redstone engines.

trhollywood

Jul 29, 2019
Peat engines are a pain to use I would just go with biogas engines and put lava and water in them makes 2mj/t

Status
Not open for further replies.