SpyWolf2: Sins of Two Countries [GAME THREAD]

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
RJS is correct. I'ma collecting the latest votes for the time being--spy actions don't really matter at this point in time, although I will check Sniper and Saboteurs for any special actions.

See you at 10.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, sure. I'm pretty sure that the bloody limbs of Vike strewn around the room is a pretty clear indication that you guys are ready to stop.

Day 5 and the game has ended!

Team Black and VikeStep (Double Agent) wins the game! GG peeps!

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
not alot of talking in this game...

This one, like a lot I've seen, have most of the conversing in convos. I know I scanned Shazzy until I determined his role (then shot him), and then Cheese contacted me and said Pyure and SpwnX were dirty whites. Once the blacks had the numberical advantage, it was all downhill from there.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I, like I said earlier, did not get a single color return the entire game. It didn't help that I forgot to scan anyone on D1, but all my subsequent scans only returned roles.

Also, apparently nobody scanned me and got a color returned, as I participated in exactly zero convos.

However, I didn't need to actually scan or talk to anyone to get a decent idea of who was on my team (go black!) and who was not. Yesterday, I compiled a spreadsheet into which I entered all the players' names, their roles and alignments (such that I was aware), and who they voted for each day. I then threw in some Excel wizardry and made the each cell with a vote marked in it with that player's color (again, if that was known). You can all check out this spreadsheet here- I'm kind of proud of it. I've made it editable, so you all can change things and see how the sheet fills in colors and such.

Looking at that spreadsheet, I saw a lot of white boxes, particularly on day 3. I figured that the those people- those who most consistently voted for White players on day 2-3 and onward- were probably Black peeps (my teammates, yay) who were in contact with each other and had scanned some white peeps. I figured that, if I still had no luck with my scanning, I could just take a look at who they were bandwagoning, and the vote with them.

Based on this voting information alone, I'm going to guess that this well-connected subset of Team Black consists of RJS, Fraction2, and LivingAngryCheese for sure; and Striking, SpwnX, SoraZodia, Nojr, and ljfa as possible peripheral Black players that aren't as closely associated with the RJFractionCheese core. However, that's already eight people and I'm on Team Black too, so there's almost certainly some Whites mixed up in the second list.

Good game, I guess, although kinda frustrating for me, what with my lack of color scans and all. I'm not sure how much I liked the total lack of an "informed minority" that makes up the traditional wolf team. As all players are on equal footing, there was no way to analyze peoples' posts to try to guess whether they're wolves or not. There was a lot less information on the main thread than I'm used to (read: almost zero), which threw me off. It definitely plays differently from normal WW game; I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I guess, overall, this game depends a lot more on luck than the typical game. If three people on the same team all scan each other and get colors returned on day 1 or 2 (which I'm guessing was the case with RJFractionCheese), that's basically game over. They can pool their votes and scans, and overall just dominate the game.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
At least I didn't roll dice this time--I threw a list at random.org to get me the spy results.

When I can get access again to my Google docs, I'll crib together the results from my scratchpad for y'all to see.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
If three people on the same team all scan each other and get colors returned on day 1 or 2 (which I'm guessing was the case with RJFractionCheese),

I know I didn't actually scan either of these guys, I only actually scanned Shazam. I got his colour the second night and promptly shot him. Cheese messaged RJS and I that Pyure thought we were blacks. So that worked pretty well for us.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I, like I said earlier, did not get a single color return the entire game. It didn't help that I forgot to scan anyone on D1, but all my subsequent scans only returned roles.

Also, apparently nobody scanned me and got a color returned, as I participated in exactly zero convos.

However, I didn't need to actually scan or talk to anyone to get a decent idea of who was on my team (go black!) and who was not. Yesterday, I compiled a spreadsheet into which I entered all the players' names, their roles and alignments (such that I was aware), and who they voted for each day. I then threw in some Excel wizardry and made the each cell with a vote marked in it with that player's color (again, if that was known). You can all check out this spreadsheet here- I'm kind of proud of it. I've made it editable, so you all can change things and see how the sheet fills in colors and such.

Looking at that spreadsheet, I saw a lot of white boxes, particularly on day 3. I figured that the those people- those who most consistently voted for White players on day 2-3 and onward- were probably Black peeps (my teammates, yay) who were in contact with each other and had scanned some white peeps. I figured that, if I still had no luck with my scanning, I could just take a look at who they were bandwagoning, and the vote with them.

Based on this voting information alone, I'm going to guess that this well-connected subset of Team Black consists of RJS, Fraction2, and LivingAngryCheese for sure; and Striking, SpwnX, SoraZodia, Nojr, and ljfa as possible peripheral Black players that aren't as closely associated with the RJFractionCheese core. However, that's already eight people and I'm on Team Black too, so there's almost certainly some Whites mixed up in the second list.

Good game, I guess, although kinda frustrating for me, what with my lack of color scans and all. I'm not sure how much I liked the total lack of an "informed minority" that makes up the traditional wolf team. As all players are on equal footing, there was no way to analyze peoples' posts to try to guess whether they're wolves or not. There was a lot less information on the main thread than I'm used to (read: almost zero), which threw me off. It definitely plays differently from normal WW game; I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I guess, overall, this game depends a lot more on luck than the typical game. If three people on the same team all scan each other and get colors returned on day 1 or 2 (which I'm guessing was the case with RJFractionCheese), that's basically game over. They can pool their votes and scans, and overall just dominate the game.
I think there was less analysis of words and more analysis of votes. I did something similar to you, only less sophisticated. By the end of D2 I had a hunch as to which players were team White based on who had voted for them and who they had voted for.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I know I didn't actually scan either of these guys, I only actually scanned Shazam. I got his colour the second night and promptly shot him. Cheese messaged RJS and I that Pyure thought we were blacks. So that worked pretty well for us.
I didn't scan either of you XD. And no. Pyure knew we were blacks, but he was pretending he was black and you were whites, but I already knew he was white.

Reactions: Pyure

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So I managed to convince Cheese that I was a Black soldier because... well I don't actually fucking know. I think somehow Fraction, the other soldier, must have saved him accidentally or something, and then he assumed that it was me because we were in a convo together and he begged me to help to "prove" I was black like him.
So that went on for a while, I convinced him that Fraction, RJS and Someone_Else were ALL white in an attempt to make him vy for their deaths, however, he was but one man and not too vocal on the topic.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
So I managed to convince Cheese that I was a Black soldier because... well I don't actually fucking know. I think somehow Fraction, the other soldier, must have saved him accidentally or something, and then he assumed that it was me because we were in a convo together and he begged me to help to "prove" I was black like him.
So that went on for a while, I convinced him that Fraction, RJS and Someone_Else were ALL white in an attempt to make him vy for their deaths, however, he was but one man and not too vocal on the topic.
I'm not that stupid:
J is the white soldier and he didn't see my message in time/is trying to infiltrate us.

I said this as a possibility to the others. When you were like, 'RJS, Fraction2 and someone else are white!'
I was like, fuck no ya white biach.