Spoiler shortcut button

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just a simple request. Would it be possible to have a shortcut for the spoiler code added to the "code" and "quote" section of the writing/replying window? You know:
Code:
[Spoiler][/Spoiler]

I'm getting really tired of miss spelling it manually all the time :p
It is really handy when posting multiple images but not wanting to bloat the thread.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Heh never become a programmer if you have issues writing one tag :D

I'll look into it, I'm not sure how much we can add to the WYSIWYG editor

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Heh never become a programmer if you have issues writing one tag :D

I'll look into it, I'm not sure how much we can add to the WYSIWYG editor
Heh I sure wont. Not before they make a spell/grammar checker for programming :p

Dont waste too much time on it. Was just if it was something that could be ticked on somewhere or the like. But it would be handy and probably a great benefit to the forum novices that aren't as familiar with the BB coding.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I've always been curious about that. It seems like something so obvious, yet I rarely see a forum with this button.

I know PHP but I have no idea how the forum system is structured, I could try to do it as well (I'll almost definitely fail though, I'm sure @Jinbobo will agree).

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It's not difficult, just problematic since most of the ways to do it in XF 1.2 involve dinking with things you shouldn't be touching without very good reason.

The best thing to do is to wait until XF 1.3 (now in testing) releases and we're on it. One of the headline features in 1.3 is native bbcode management in the suite and includes the "add a button" option. So I'd personally say hold out for now so it doesn't have to be done twice and so the first time it's done it doesn't have unintended side effects. =)

Reactions: rhn and Nerixel

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's not difficult, just problematic since most of the ways to do it in XF 1.2 involve dinking with things you shouldn't be touching without very good reason.

The best thing to do is to wait until XF 1.3 (now in testing) releases and we're on it. One of the headline features in 1.3 is native bbcode management in the suite and includes the "add a button" option. So I'd personally say hold out for now so it doesn't have to be done twice and so the first time it's done it doesn't have unintended side effects. =)
Excellent, that's good enough for me ;)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
also FYI you can use the [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags to make it so that it doesnt use BBCodes (meaning not having to type the tags in code)

Example: [PLAIN][SPOILER][/SPOILER][/PLAIN] will show up as [SPOILER][/SPOILER]

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
also FYI you can use the [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags to make it so that it doesnt use BBCodes (meaning not having to type the tags in code)

Example: [PLAIN][SPOILER][/SPOILER][/PLAIN] will show up as [SPOILER][/SPOILER]
Ahh yeah, forgotten about that one. Gimme that as a button too then :p