Sphax Request

Nvidia_GTX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I've been trying to get the Sphax textures for FTB unleashed but have always failed at installing the patch. Is there anyone out there that has 128x or higher pack for Unleashed that I could have/use?

Regards,
Nvidia

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1024:
There is an issue between this mod and Optifine. Please try to avoid using them together. Unfortunately something in Optifine dislikes something in the texturepack.
Welcome. What is the error? Are you using Optifine? If you are using Optifine then it has a known problem with the Unleashed pack texture, there are just too many textures for it to handle. Look above for the quote, it is in the Note just above the downloads.

Nvidia_GTX

Jul 29, 2019
Not the error, it is that I haven't ever been successful with installing the PATCH for the texture pack

Regards,
Nvidia

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
You need to dedicate a good 10GB of RAM in able to run 128x textures on a 64bit OS with FTB Unleashed without any issues. Make sure you've done that in the launcher, if you don't have ~16GB of RAM and 64bit, then stick to 64x. Even setting it to 9GB for me results in crashes every hour or so.

Also wouldn't hurt to make sure your permgen is set to 256MB.

RAM requirements have gone up dramatically, many mods have many many textures.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You need to dedicate a good 10GB of RAM in able to run 128x textures on a 64bit OS with FTB Unleashed without any issues. Make sure you've done that in the launcher, if you don't have ~16GB of RAM and 64bit, then stick to 64x. Even setting it to 9GB for me results in crashes every hour or so.

Also wouldn't hurt to make sure your permgen is set to 256MB.

RAM requirements have gone up dramatically, many mods have many many textures.

Giving the launcher to much memory will cause problems as well because java will just keep eating it up. I have tried 2 or three sphax texture packs for unleashed but never been able to get one that works. In the menu it is greyed out and will not work.

alely

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I think I know your problem, most people who distribute the pack are not allowed to distribute the base pack, go to www.bdcraft.com and press the download button, get the appropriate size and version pack then combine the two zip files. In the case this is not your problem, remain calm, and ask more questions with more details included, thanks!

Edit: If it sounds like I am talking to you as if you do not understand computers then it is not to offend anyone, I am just trying to make it as simple so no complications will occur, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: I misread your first post, to install the patch you need to get the base pack (http://www.bdcraft.com) and download the appropriate size and version pack, then combine the two zip files. Again, questions are welcome! :)

Last edited: