Speed Through Idea

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, even though I'd love to record an FTB series, my computers way to crap to do it :/ Wish I had my brothers on that matter...
But now onto the thread. This is just really an idea for a few people of what they could do to make their video more original. A while back I saw this video of Skyblocks Survival (this was back when 1.8 was around) and what the man who made it did was he just basically did a fast forward of the map through a few videos, adding music to the background, instead of standard commentary. Just thought this was actually really neat, and made the small series he had a bit more interesting to watch because the music fit the feel of minecraft really well. I've also seen Pahimar do this in one of his Feed The Beast Vs. streams a while back, when I think he was playing LexManos. Just kind of a neat idea for people to do and I kinda hope ai see a video of this :)
Sphex

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea. But to answer a question that you did not ask, people don't usually fast forward their videos because they want to milk the youtube viewers of upvotes. Also it takes a while to complete a FTB map so you are basically doing a lot of real time work for not much video time. Ok for big movies, not ok for the average person who wants to get a video out there. But I if anyone thinks they want to do it I will not stop you. ;)

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Loothias said:
Great idea. But to answer a question that you did not ask, people don't usually fast forward their videos because they want to milk the youtube viewers of upvotes. Also it takes a while to complete a FTB map so you are basically doing a lot of real time work for not much video time. Ok for big movies, not ok for the average person who wants to get a video out there. But I if anyone thinks they want to do it I will not stop you. ;)

At least someone think's it's a cool idea :) Just wish I had a recording video to do so...Would be so nice not to have under 30 FPS when within range of the beast -_-. I really hope on the next version they're able to make it a lot less laggy...I think part of it was cable rendering too for IC2, I was looking at the change log for (possibly) the last 1.2.5 version and they fixed it there, but you need the newer buildcraft API to fix that, but that breaks everything elses compatibilty..:/
For me though, I'm on my fourth runthrough right now (I edited the challenges though to make thigns a hell of a lot harder this time xD) I'm 30 hours in and am only missing EMC and the power, which is really almost done since I have two HV solars attached to it. I didn't realize how much EMC is eaten when making 64 of all the computer parts and 64 of Things that go Boom (Minus the Lens since that doesn't stack). The stack of nukes uses about a two and a half stacks of diamonds...-_-
And I'd totally do this even though editing takes a while just because it's different and more entertaining since it isn't a repeat of what everybody does, you know. Thanks for the reply though :)

justvintage

Jul 29, 2019
i would watch it

but when choosing the music
dont just grab a song and go pick something that fits and works with what you are doing

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
Loothias said:

At least someone think's it's a cool idea :) Just wish I had a recording video to do so...Would be so nice not to have under 30 FPS when within range of the beast -_-. I really hope on the next version they're able to make it a lot less laggy...I think part of it was cable rendering too for IC2, I was looking at the change log for (possibly) the last 1.2.5 version and they fixed it there, but you need the newer buildcraft API to fix that, but that breaks everything elses compatibilty..:/
For me though, I'm on my fourth runthrough right now (I edited the challenges though to make thigns a hell of a lot harder this time xD) I'm 30 hours in and am only missing EMC and the power, which is really almost done since I have two HV solars attached to it. I didn't realize how much EMC is eaten when making 64 of all the computer parts and 64 of Things that go Boom (Minus the Lens since that doesn't stack). The stack of nukes uses about a two and a half stacks of diamonds...-_-
And I'd totally do this even though editing takes a while just because it's different and more entertaining since it isn't a repeat of what everybody does, you know. Thanks for the reply though :)
if you dont have an half decent pc you cant even record minecraft, let alone with 30 mods. no offense but i dont see you recording minecraft and fast forwarding it with lag.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
MrSphex said:
Loothias said:

if you dont have an half decent pc you cant even record minecraft, let alone with 30 mods. no offense but i dont see you recording minecraft and fast forwarding it with lag.

I can second that, I once tried recordind LPs of my Minecraft 1.0.0 Vanilla, and I was having like 10FPS it was terrible for the viewers. (hence why I only have 5 videos of it)

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
I much prefer a having the player speaking but occasionally missing out bits like mining etc, like direwolf

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
MrSphex said:
Loothias said:

I didn't say I'd be the one recording it. I said it was an idea for the community. Would I like to record it? Yes. But I won't until I have a better PC that can handle it. Hopefully when my brothers at nationals for WCG later next month I can use his to record it. =]